Pravin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 MachE
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Interesting use of the phrase "lots of folks". I've now seen three reports of being locked out. I can get into mine just fine.

Have any of you been using non-Ford APIs that may be trying to access your data?
"Lots of folks" have been able to unlock their accounts (as per comments in the referenced thread), irrespective of what caused the lockout (Tronity looks like the latest reason).

In my case, it was the Android widget.
As per my understanding, the widget does use the approved API, with the correct user agent. Why I was locked out, despite that, I have no clue. Only the Gods at Ford IT Security may have an answer, as to why they felt threatened.

JonathanEzor

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME GT, Taurus, C-MAX Energi, Chrysler PacHy
Country flag
Happened to me last week, and I'd guess it was Tronity, to which I signed up before I was able to get my OBDII reader connected to ABRP. I've cancelled Tronity, changed my Ford account password, and have opened a case with Ford via customer service which will hopefully restore my account access (which is not just FordPass but all of my Ford account access, including *finance*) in a couple of days. {Jonathan}

Av8tor

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Fusion Hybrid, MME GTPE
Occupation
Systems Engineer IOT
Country flag
Yep, I've been Told by Ford in order to re-activate my FordPass, I'll need to remove my Tronity Account all together.
Sponsored