David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach E GT
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Mucking about in FordPass this morning getting ready to head out for home. I see I can set up a route in Apple Maps or Google Maps but no longer can create and send a route to the onboard nav. Is this correct or am I missing something?
Sponsored

OP
OP
david_quick

david_quick

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach E GT
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
The trip planner appears to be gone, for me that was one of the most useful things in Ford Pass.
It is one thing I missed in my Volt and Ram when they killed off the 2G connected services. It is far easier to plan a trip on the e phone than the car screen. If it is gone permanently hopefully they are working with Apple and Google to integrate vehicle data into the Map apps.

Reactions: TTF

AZBill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Hummer EV SUT, MME CA Route 1
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
It is one thing I missed in my Volt and Ram when they killed off the 2G connected services. It is far easier to plan a trip on the e phone than the car screen. If it is gone permanently hopefully they are working with Apple and Google to integrate vehicle data into the Map apps.
Battery data is integrated with Apple Maps, but preconditioning is not. You can plan a trip in Apple Maps. They need a manual preconditioning button in the car, like GM has.

Reactions: TTF
OP
OP
david_quick

david_quick

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach E GT
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Battery data is integrated with Apple Maps, but preconditioning is not. You can plan a trip in Apple Maps. They need a manual preconditioning button in the car, like GM has.
I doubt there is anything that prevents the precondition function being integrated into these map tools especially if Ford works with the publishers to make it happen. If the plan is to dump native nav then that would be the way to go.

I had a thought, maybe they went this route because the nav map vendor can’t roll out the Tesla SC info in a timely manner. I believe they are using Here maps in the Sync Nav. My Daughter was a program manager there a few years ago and they are slow to publish updates.

leeman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E GT
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Where did all the functionality go in the app for charging publicly it seems to all be gone anybody know

eStang

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Occupation
software salesperson
Country flag
Where did all the functionality go in the app for charging publicly it seems to all be gone anybody know
Energy (bottom center) > Charge > Public Charging > use the map and filters to find chargers > tap a charger icon on map to select it > tap the charger info card at bottom to navigate to it and activate it.

BTW, I think when/if Route Planner comes back, this is where it will show up.

jdeve

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 MME GT performance edition rapid red metallic
Country flag
Energy (bottom center) > Charge > Public Charging > use the map and filters to find chargers > tap a charger icon on map to select it > tap the charger info card at bottom to navigate to it and activate it.

Most of the public charging stations in my area are no longer being shown regardless of filter settings. The ones that are there no longer show user reviews and ratings. Or the easy to understand icon for charge speed.

Space_Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Premium Mach-E awdX
Country flag
Most of the public charging stations in my area are no longer being shown regardless of filter settings. The ones that are there no longer show user reviews and ratings. Or the easy to understand icon for charge speed.

It's kind of hard to use that if the Public Charging map doesn't work in my app.
Sponsored