FordPass problems, missing menus, cannot set departure times from app.

Odmark91

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E AWD Extended range
Occupation
Tool and die maker
Country flag
Has anyone else had this problem? Under "Fordon" (Vehicle in the US app i guess) i have no menus. I cannot set departure times or anything.

I have tried reinstalling the app, factoring resetting the car and starting from scratch but nothing works.
Talked to FordPass customer service but they do not understand why its like this for me.
Also i have asked around in Swedish groups and forums but noone seems to have this problem.

It looks like this for me:
Ford Mustang Mach-E FordPass problems, missing menus, cannot set departure times from app. Screenshot_20211227-103724_FordPass

Swedish app but I think you understand.

The Phone is a Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra and the app is updated to V.3.35.2
Sponsored

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E4X, 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Country flag
I have seen that problem occasionally. Force-closing the app and restarting always fixes it.

OP
OP
Odmark91

Odmark91

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Tool and die maker
Country flag
OP
OP
Odmark91

Odmark91

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Tool and die maker
Country flag
This sucks, still waiting on FordPass customer service to get back to me, they seem to have no idea why this is happening and how to fix it.

Its not the end of the world but it's a bummer having to walk out to the car every time I need to change a departure time.
This will suck even more when i get back to work after the holidays since I almost never know when I quit until the end of the day.

Mopey

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 MME GTPE, 22 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
Odd. You have the Phone As A Key icon on your phone's screen. Does your PAAK work? Is there anything on your 'Home' screen? I have the same phone, but have never seen your problem, and I have two Mach Es set up on it.

You might borrow someone else's phone, load Ford pass on it and link their phone to your car to confirm whether it is a phone problem or a car or connectivity problem. (Might want to hold off on setting up PAAK on their phone, though) :)

OP
OP
Odmark91

Odmark91

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Tool and die maker
Country flag
Odd. You have the Phone As A Key icon on your phone's screen. Does your PAAK work? Is there anything on your 'Home' screen? I have the same phone, but have never seen your problem, and I have two Mach Es set up on it.

You might borrow someone else's phone, load Ford pass on it and link their phone to your car to confirm whether it is a phone problem or a car or connectivity problem. (Might want to hold off on setting up PAAK on their phone, though) :)
Yes, funny enough PAAK works perfectly.

My homescreen looks like this:
Ford Mustang Mach-E FordPass problems, missing menus, cannot set departure times from app. Screenshot_20220102-133705_FordPass

Yes I guess I'll have to try that, feels like the only thing left to try by myself ?

Mopey

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 MME GTPE, 22 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
At least you can remote start to warm the car if departure times don't work.

One other obvious thing you've probably done already, delete your PAAK, then your phone's connection profile from the car, then after removing Ford pass app, turn your phone off completely. Then restart your phone before reinstalling the app and reconnecting the phone to Sync.

OP
OP
Odmark91

Odmark91

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Tool and die maker
Country flag

One other obvious thing you've probably done already, delete your PAAK, then your phone's connection profile from the car, then after removing Ford pass app, turn your phone off completely. Then restart your phone before reinstalling the app and reconnecting the phone to Sync.
Well ive done all of that except restarting the Phone before reinstalling the app. Wouldnt hurt to try, but I dont think its a phone problem.

I tried adding my car to my mothers FordPass today and it has the same problem there.
She has all menus under "Vehicle" for her Kuga, not the same car i know, but still.

Another weird thing is that I keep getting messages in FordPass that the app has synced its departure times with the vehicle.

OP
OP
Odmark91

Odmark91

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Tool and die maker
Country flag
I have now just about tried everything and nothing works, i redid everything and also restarted the phone just to try and still the same. I have also tried downloading FordPass on a friends Iphone and added the car there and its the same problem, so it has to be something else.

I have been emailing back and forth with FordPass customer service now for over two weeks and they dont seem to be able to help me either. Im getting really sick of this.

Shayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME4x Prem
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Many times it means the server is down or you have no contact with the server. Your logged in? You can not manage some aspects of your vehicle with your phone unless ford authorizes it. Departure times (second page) being one of those.

There is no comparison to remote start and departure time for us up here. Have you tried departure. You sit there and watch the GOM grow. Not the case with remote start. I try to use departure times now when the servers are up. Front page is up now with no servers have not verified if the top row would actually work thru BT and not servers since it is not truly paak.

OP
OP
Odmark91

Odmark91

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Tool and die maker
Country flag
Many times it means the server is down or you have no contact with the server. Your logged in? You can not manage some aspects of your vehicle with your phone unless ford authorizes it. Departure times (second page) being one of those.

There is no comparison to remote start and departure time for us up here. Have you tried departure. You sit there and watch the GOM grow. Not the case with remote start. I try to use departure times now when the servers are up. Front page is up now with no servers have not verified if the top row would actually work thru BT and not servers since it is not truly paak.
I am logged in, tried logging in and out again just now but all that happens is that I have to redo the steps for PAAK.

Is the authorization from Ford car specific or app specifik? Since it seems to be a car problem.

Yeah exactly, remote start works yes, at least on normal work days when I only have to go 22 miles home. But setting departure times would be a lot better.

Most of all it just sucks not to have all features.

Shayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME4x Prem
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I am logged in, tried logging in and out again just now but all that happens is that I have to redo the steps for PAAK.

Is the authorization from Ford car specific or app specifik? Since it seems to be a car problem.

Yeah exactly, remote start works yes, at least on normal work days when I only have to go 22 miles home. But setting departure times would be a lot better.

Most of all it just sucks not to have all features.
Departures treats the batteries well not just the drivers bum I think?

You can refresh the app and if it does not come back no response from fordpass you should be connected. I see no second page when I am not connected. Similar to the one you posted but I can read mine ;).

Go to the vehicle page and pull down the page until you get the spinning snowflake. Takes a bit of talent with this app sometimes to get the snowflake to stay open when released. It will stay open and spin for .......... awhile ............. and then disappear with an update. It may say something like Updated 4 Hours Ago or something of that nature? Repeat doing it until you see Updated Just Now. If you get Opps No Response From Fordpass you are not connected.

The second page is the stuff a beeping server allows if you are good. Looks like the server is not providing this info to your phone.

OP
OP
Odmark91

Odmark91

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Tool and die maker
Country flag
Departures treats the batteries well not just the drivers bum I think?

You can refresh the app and if it does not come back no response from fordpass you should be connected. I see no second page when I am not connected. Similar to the one you posted but I can read mine ;).

Go to the vehicle page and pull down the page until you get the spinning snowflake. Takes a bit of talent with this app sometimes to get the snowflake to stay open when released. It will stay open and spin for .......... awhile ............. and then disappear with an update. It may say something like Updated 4 Hours Ago or something of that nature? Repeat doing it until you see Updated Just Now. If you get Opps No Response From Fordpass you are not connected.

The second page is the stuff a beeping server allows if you are good. Looks like the server is not providing this info to your phone.
When I try to update the page i only get "something went wrong" at the top of the screen every time.
It does indeed seem like a connection problem. But it's wierd it didn't work on the other phones I tried it on either.

Like my mother's phone, fordpass works perfectly for her with her Kuga, but same problem as me when I add the Mach E.

Still nothing from FordPass customer service, I only get the same email every Monday that the IT department haven't responded yet. This Monday they told me a new update for FordPass will be released in Europe soon, I hope that will solve my issues. Probably not though.

OP
OP
Odmark91

Odmark91

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Tool and die maker
Country flag
FordPass now Updated to the newly released 4.10.0, and the problem is still there.
Hopefully the "IT Department" finds time to help me soon.

OP
OP
Odmark91

Odmark91

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Tool and die maker
Country flag
Installed the latest update yesterday and now it actually works! Feels good to actually be able to use the car to its fullest, too bad it took over 4 months from purchase.
Sponsored