Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
Just that sport utility vehicles tend to be high on utility or high on sport but not both. (The criticism of the Mach-e not being an SUV because it has little U, but most SUVs have little S.)
Ah, that I would agree with. Some do both well (new Hummer EV, Range Rover).

And while I may refer to the Mach E as an SUV, it’s really a crossover or 5 door hatchback or station wagon.

5 inch ground clearance? There’s actually very little “SUV” about the Mach E.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
Glad everyone was ok. First thing I noticed the windshield stayed intact. Did you have the recalls done? If not, why bother the car is safe.
Hopefully your comment was in jest. If not, it's not well-informed. Windshield integrity is key in rollover accidents. Since the Mach-E recall is affecting how well adhesive adhered the windshield, if you don't get it taken care of, in a rollover it could pop out, affecting whether the roof comes down and crushes you, or whether foreign objects come in and smash your face or body.

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
The Stelvio will drive circles around the Mach E. Own a Stelvio. Just ordered a Mach E.
Yours won’t!

It’s not even in the same ballpark!
https://www.motortrend.com/reviews/2018-alfa-romeo-stelvio-first-test-italian-bandwidth/amp/

0-60 in 5.4
1/4 mile 14.0
Skidpad .82 G
60-0 127 ft

These are not impressive numbers compared to the Mach E.

The quadrifoglio is impressive. But the only stat it beats the GTPE in is acceleration.

GTPE our handles and outbrakes it. .99 G the skidpad and 60-0 in 106 ft.

So it’s not driving circles around us after all.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Friend wrecked my Mach-E - Totaled vs Repair? We walked away unharmed 03426888-C18D-4CBB-89F6-6F63CB2674BE

Olds442

First Name
Olds
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 GT, '22 Premium Ex AWD
Occupation
sales
Country flag
Name me an SUV that has the Sport necessary to be an SUV.
FX35

the first cross over based on an actual sports car chassis, the Z.

the porsche came after it, but i'd toss the porsche in there too.

LTC_HUGH

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E, F150
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Friend wanted to drive my Premium AWD Mach-E. Great guy, owns his own mechanic shop. I jumped in the back seat and my son sat in passenger front. He accelerated around a blind corner from 42 to 72 on an open road and underestimated the power and acceleration. (his first time driving an EV) As he corrected, he slammed into the back of a parked pick-up at 72 mph. Totally horrifying. Anyway, wanted to post to tell you this is one very safe vehicle. We all walked away with minor bruises and burns from the airbags. Amazing technology. I am in my 60s and never been in this serious of an accident before. Just waiting to hear if it is totaled or not. Either way, someday I'll be driving a Mach-E again. Be safe out there!

Ford Mustang Mach-E Friend wrecked my Mach-E - Totaled vs Repair? We walked away unharmed 03426888-C18D-4CBB-89F6-6F63CB2674BE
Man oh man glad you all walked away. I took my Mach E to get the glass replaced that was three weeks ago still waiting on glass. It might be five years before you get it back if it's not totalled. Sorry for your loss.

Deborah

First Name
Deborah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda van
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Friend wanted to drive my Premium AWD Mach-E. Great guy, owns his own mechanic shop. I jumped in the back seat and my son sat in passenger front. He accelerated around a blind corner from 42 to 72 on an open road and underestimated the power and acceleration. (his first time driving an EV) As he corrected, he slammed into the back of a parked pick-up at 72 mph. Totally horrifying. Anyway, wanted to post to tell you this is one very safe vehicle. We all walked away with minor bruises and burns from the airbags. Amazing technology. I am in my 60s and never been in this serious of an accident before. Just waiting to hear if it is totaled or not. Either way, someday I'll be driving a Mach-E again. Be safe out there!

Wow! So glad everyone walked away from that!

Scott H

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 BMW i3 Base, Mach-E4x - Inf. Blue (ordered)
Country flag
Your friend might be a good friend, but he's a dangerous driver. He should no longer have a license.

BilLongua

First Name
Bil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Waiting on 2021 MME GT
Occupation
Marketing
Country flag
FX35

the first cross over based on an actual sports car chassis, the Z.

the porsche came after it, but i'd toss the porsche in there too.
They don’t mean racing sport in SUV, it’s more like adventure sport or hunting sport. The MME is not an SUV by any definition, other than Ford’s designation. They can’t call it a hatchback, which is what it is, because that word is cooties in the US auto market for some reason.