21st Century Pony

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach E 2022 Premium AWD ER
Country flag
IMHO You absolutely will have to take the bumper cover off. Those inserts clip on the inside.
You might want to visit a local Ford parts department and have a look at the exploded front bumper cover parts the counter clerk will pull up - maybe compare the two front cover inserts for attachment details. Good luck!
Sponsored

21st Century Pony

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
You might want to visit a local Ford parts department and have a look at the exploded front bumper cover parts the counter clerk will pull up - maybe compare the two front cover inserts for attachment details. Good luck!
There was a Steve Munro video which focused, in part, on exactly the back side of the Mach E front cover and on the clip-in system for those black inserts... I won't try to find it but it's out there for you.

OP
OP
Wall-E

Wall-E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mustang Mach-E Premium
Country flag
There was a Steve Munro video which focused, in part, on exactly the back side of the Mach E front cover and on the clip-in system for those black inserts... I won't try to find it but it's out there for you.
I love Munro live! I tried to look for the video in their Mach-E breakdown series but was not able to find it. If you are able to find it I would greatly appreciate it!

MachA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E SR RWD [TP2]
Country flag
Found it. Thanks for the suggestion @21st Century Pony

3:12 and onwards.

Those clips don't look like they're removable from the front. Taking off the entire bumper just to switch that piece of trim is a bit more work than I'd hoped for.

21st Century Pony

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

Those clips don't look like they're removable from the front. Taking off the entire bumper just to switch that piece of trim is a bit more work than I'd hoped for.
Hahaa! Yes that's the video. I saw it months ago. ...and now you can visualize what a PITA that front bumper cover can be to handle if you don't have a friend available.

OP
OP
Wall-E

Wall-E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mustang Mach-E Premium
Country flag

Thanks for the link. Yeah it does seem like you need to remove the front bumper, unfortunate but not impossible. I'm gonna ask my car friend if he can help me with this project maybe it won't be as daunting for him.

21st Century Pony

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Thanks for the link. Yeah it does seem like you need to remove the front bumper, unfortunate but not impossible. I'm gonna ask my car friend if he can help me with this project maybe it won't be as daunting for him.
It's not hard to do - just long. Be deliberate and careful, don't force anything and have a Tupperware bin for all the fasteners.
Sponsored