0CO2
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME FE
Occupation
Academic
Country flag
The MACH-E promotional material mentions that the MME comes with a front camera washer system. I can't find any evidence of this in the user manual for my MME FE. Has anyone confirmed this exists and if so, how is it activated?

Even if the front camera washer exists, the pity is that the rear camera appears to be nearly useless in the winter here where it is perpetually wet and the camera/lens is positioned where it is guaranteed to bo covered in muck almost immediately - so backing into my garage is a little bit hit-or-miss without a clear rear camera. So the lack of a rear camera washer is a notable shortcoming, whereas the front camera washer seems less essential. Really poor design IMHO.
Sponsored

mattbostonmache

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rav4
Country flag
There was a post on Mustang Mach E Nation yesterday asking what the square next to the camera is.

Yanick posted a video of the washer in action. I can't copy a link to the post. But here's a screenshot:

Ford Mustang Mach-E Front Camera Washer in US model? F117B355-1276-4F86-A8FF-41A6ADD7F4DF

OP
OP

0CO2

First Name
0CO2
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME FE
Occupation
Academic
Country flag
Thanks. I've just checked and I see the little square/door next to the camera - so confirm it's there. Perhaps it is always activated whenever the front washer is used? Or is it more sophisticated than that? There are no instructions I can find in the manual.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag

OP
OP

0CO2

First Name
0CO2
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME FE
Occupation
Academic
Country flag
Thanks for the links. Good to know (I don't use FB so can't see the videos but take it as given that it is automatic and not a user-controlled feature). I got on this track from a YouTube video from scandanavia that showed the camera washer wasn't working - so I assumed the person operating it didn't know how to control it. Wrong. It just wasn't working on his car. Probably because it was well below freezing when he tried to use it.