Front License Plate Bracket

xaudiblex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach E
Country flag
I installed the front license plate bracket on my 2022 Mustang Mach E last week. The bracket came with 3 POM (polyozymethylene) rivets. I drilled two holes with 1/4 inch drill bit where the two factory indentations marked the spots. I used a Pittsburgh hand riveter (item 97757-Harbor Freight) to install the rivets and then drilled the third hole below (no factory indentation) using the bracket as a template and installed the third rivet. Then I slid the license plate into the bracket and secured it with standard license plate screws (stainless). 5 minutes tops.
Thanks for the info. Came in handy. If anyone is looking for the rivet tool, they also have it at Walmart for $14.99.

Starscrean

First Name
Terrence
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach e
Occupation
Tech
Country flag
In FL no front Instead just put a bumper guard in place of the front plates. That way it protects from any bumps

Cooghead

First Name
Stuart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Logistics company owner
Country flag
I went to the dealership yesterday and they installed my front license plate bracket. They charged me $50 which is fine with me. After reading this thread, I decided that other mounting brackets could be a problem with the sensors and trying to mount your license plate on your windshield is against the law in Texas. I don't want the police to have any excuse to pull me over. A friend of mine was pulled over the other day close to my house for not having a front license plate. The front license plate doesn't noticeably change the look of my vehicle.

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
When I converted my reservation into an order, I asked my dealer to not install the bracket because I was going to get a license plate wrap (legal here in CA). When I picked up the car I had to sign a waiver to release the dealer of any liability for the front plate being missing. I drove around illegally for a few months before I got my permanent metal plates (ordered from CA DMV before I ordered my car - CA must have had a “chip shortage” and couldn’t make enough plates), then had to wait for the wrap. 🤷‍♂️🐩
Sponsored