Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MachE 4EX, 2006 Prius, 1997 Tacoma
Occupation
Renewable Energy Engineer
Country flag
As my Mach-E (2021 Premium, Star White) hits 20k miles, it is distinctly not a "new car" anymore and is getting its share of dings. However, this one bothers me more - the front lip got caught on a Chargepoint cable which yanked on it as I was backing out - silly mistake.

I've been trying to identify the part I need to order but the diagrams aren't making much sense to me, and I don't want a whole bumper.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Front lip part identification? IMG_1214
Ford Mustang Mach-E Front lip part identification? IMG_1215

Is anyone familiar with this part or know how I can identify it more clearly, or where would be a good place to put in an order?

Thanks - Sam

PhillyYa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-e Premium Extended
Country flag
Hi Sam, I damaged mine also somehow. I ordered one online and received it already. There is a quirk though… the current part is primed and needs to be painted the piano gloss black if you have a premium, as I do. But there is a near identical part that is injection molded in the flat pebbly black of a Select. They’re discontinued and hard to find. But it’s cheaper and doesn’t have to be painted which also saves money. It won’t match the wheel well trim but it does match the trim on the front bumper ironically. I’ll look for and post the part number and where I ordered it.

Last edited:

Namdrof

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2022 Expedition Stealth Pe
Country flag
LJ8Z17D957FAPTM is the part number for what you need but it does need to be painted.
or you can order LJ8Z17D957EA which is for the select models and has, I believe, a texted molded in black color and does not require paint.

PhillyYa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Hi Sam, I damaged mine also somehow. I ordered one online and received it already. There is a quirk though… the current part is primed and needs to be painted the piano gloss black if you have a premium, as I do. But there is a near identical part that is injection molded in the flat pebbly black of a Select. They’re discontinued and hard to find. But it’s cheaper and doesn’t have to be painted which also saves money. It won’t match the wheel well trim but it does match the trim on the front number ironically. I’ll look for and post the part number and where I ordered it.
OK, here's the info on what I ordered:
P/N​
Quantity​
Price Each​
Description​
LJ8Z17D957EA​
$ 278.47​
Valance Panel (Lower)
Panel. Molding. Valance.
Valance Panel. W/O GT Model Bumper Cover & Trim. Cover. Deflector.

Order Summary:
1 products , 1 items​
$ 278.47​
Shipping & Handling to 19147​
$ 65.60​
Total​
$ 344.07​

Ordered from : Sheehy Ford Lincoln of Richmond​

PhillyYa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
LJ8Z17D957FAPTM is the part number for what you need but it does need to be painted.
or you can order LJ8Z17D957EA which is for the select models and has, I believe, a texted molded in black color and does not require paint.
completely correct.

OP
OP
phidauex

phidauex

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Perfect, thanks @Namdrof and @PhillyYa! I'll take a look around and see what I can find - given that this part gets pretty beat up with CO roads, the pebbled select version sounds appealing.

PhillyYa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Perfect, thanks @Namdrof and @PhillyYa! I'll take a look around and see what I can find - given that this part gets pretty beat up with CO roads, the pebbled select version sounds appealing.
Well, at least it matches that like upside down U piece in the grill just above.

OP
OP
phidauex

phidauex

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Hi Sam, I damaged mine also somehow. I ordered one online and received it already. There is a quirk though… the current part is primed and needs to be painted the piano gloss black if you have a premium, as I do. But there is a near identical part that is injection molded in the flat pebbly black of a Select. They’re discontinued and hard to find. But it’s cheaper and doesn’t have to be painted which also saves money. It won’t match the wheel well trim but it does match the trim on the front bumper ironically. I’ll look for and post the part number and where I ordered it.
Have you installed yours yet? I gave it a try last night and was soundly defeated - there are four rivets that need to be drilled out, but worse yet, there are press fit tabs that sandwich the fascia between the painted part of the bumper and an internal plastic piece, and I couldn't get them to budge even a tiny bit. All I succeeded in doing was making things worse and tearing up the old fascia even more. Got it reassembled with a few zipties while I lick my wounds and consider next steps. Maybe the entire bumper assembly needs to come off first?

PhillyYa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Yes, this. I haven’t had it done yet, but will be taking it to an auto body repair place. The entire front bumper assembly has to be removed.

OP
OP
phidauex

phidauex

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Yes, this. I haven’t had it done yet, but will be taking it to an auto body repair place. The entire front bumper assembly has to be removed.
Bummer, I was hoping there was some magic trick I just hadn't figured out yet! I'll schedule myself some more time on another weekend and try the whole swap. It is quite a procedure to remove the entire front bumper assembly.

PhillyYa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
For sure. But this auto body shop I'm going to use, said it's maybe a 2 hour job for them and shouldn't cost more than $250 or so.

OP
OP
phidauex

phidauex

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
For sure. But this auto body shop I'm going to use, said it's maybe a 2 hour job for them and shouldn't cost more than $250 or so.
Hmm, not a bad idea, there are a lot of automotive jobs I enjoy doing for myself, but fussing with plastic parts isn't high on that list...
Sponsored