sockmeister

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E4x
Occupation
SW Engineer
Country flag
Marlin was supposed to be getting the clear bra followed by Ceramic Pro about now. Unfortunately, I'll have to wait for the paint to cure after the body work is finished. While factory paint curing is just a few weeks, the paint rep to the body shop recommends 30 days for ceramic and 90 for PPF. Hopefully that won't result in a bit bill for paint correction.

Fortunately, I'm supposed to get Marlin back with no front plate bracket!
Can you at least get PPF on the hood/fenders/headlights in the meantime, which was undamaged? (Or was it?)
Sponsored

sockmeister

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E4x
Occupation
SW Engineer
Country flag
So what is everyone doing to help with the rock chips, bugs on the solid front end without a grill? I'm planning on getting XPEL film on the front, mirror caps, headlights, door sills, edge of doors and door sills. It's self healing and I think I need to protect the front of the car as much as possible. Keeps the headlights looking like new no matter how long you own the car.
This has been discussed already at length (see https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/paint-protection-film-ppf-such-as-xpel-for-mach-e.669/ )

PPF is the way to go.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Can you at least get PPF on the hood/fenders/headlights in the meantime, which was undamaged? (Or was it?)
Not sure. I'll have to get a full assessment of what was painted. Unfortunately, all of that bit plastic nose is being replaced.

buffasnow

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue FE, 85 Mustang GT (pasturized)
Country flag
Marlin was supposed to be getting the clear bra followed by Ceramic Pro about now. Unfortunately, I'll have to wait for the paint to cure after the body work is finished. While factory paint curing is just a few weeks, the paint rep to the body shop recommends 30 days for ceramic and 90 for PPF. Hopefully that won't result in a bit bill for paint correction.
How long do you need to wait for stripes?

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag

Marki

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME
Country flag
I ordered a vinyl grill from struckendesigns that I will have a shop apply
I ordered the same from Struckndesign a week ago. Should be getting it tomorrow. Do you have an idea what it will cost to apply? And will the shop need to remove the anything from the grill to apply?

RetiredDP

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Focus RS
Occupation
Retired Director of Videography, Editor, Compressionist
Country flag
So what is everyone doing to help with the rock chips, bugs on the solid front end without a grill? I'm planning on getting XPEL film on the front, mirror caps, headlights, door sills, edge of doors and door sills. It's self healing and I think I need to protect the front of the car as much as possible. Keeps the headlights looking like new no matter how long you own the car.
I've gotten oblique chips (1 to 1.5" long) on my hood as well...so I also had the entire hood wrapped.
Sponsored