Protecting the interior

andrew

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E Premium (ER, RWD, Rapid Red)
Country flag
Does anyone have a solution they like for protecting the car when hauling dirty / abrasive cargo? Every few months I make a trip to the hardware store to pick up stuff that I’m not excited to put into the Mach E. I might pick up some 8 foot 1x2’s or some bags of mulch, or something like that. This used to work great in my Leaf, but I’d like to treat my Mach E with a bit more care.

I’ve got the all weather cargo mat, and I can get the AOSK rear seat mats, but I’m more worried about things bumping into the sides of the interior or long strips of wood damaging the center console leather. The hard plastics in my Leaf’s cargo area got pretty scratched up over the years.

The cargo area dog mats really just seem focused on the floor. The reviews for the ones with sides aren’t great. However, I’d be cool with one of these if someone had a recommendation that protected more than the floor.
Sponsored

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
1) Rent a pickup for the day.

2) Lay a furniture pad down, wrap the ends on the console.

3) Get it delivered.

MacherAWD

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 AWD Select C&T, 2020 Bolt Premier
Occupation
Software Implementation Manager
Country flag
Does anyone have a solution they like for protecting the car when hauling dirty / abrasive cargo? Every few months I make a trip to the hardware store to pick up stuff that I’m not excited to put into the Mach E. I might pick up some 8 foot 1x2’s or some bags of mulch, or something like that. This used to work great in my Leaf, but I’d like to treat my Mach E with a bit more care.

I’ve got the all weather cargo mat, and I can get the AOSK rear seat mats, but I’m more worried about things bumping into the sides of the interior or long strips of wood damaging the center console leather. The hard plastics in my Leaf’s cargo area got pretty scratched up over the years.

The cargo area dog mats really just seem focused on the floor. The reviews for the ones with sides aren’t great. However, I’d be cool with one of these if someone had a recommendation that protected more than the floor.
I hear ya, I refilled my propane tank, wedged it in the passenger seat, but ended up with a big scratch on glove box door plastic

connoisseurr

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Rivian R1T, 23 Tesla MYP
Occupation
IT Engineering
Country flag
You can rent a cargo van or truck from Fetch for $20 on the first hour, available at most Home Depots. I do this for any home improvement job where I cannot fit supplies into my old Subaru.

connoisseurr

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT Engineering
Country flag
I hear ya, I refilled my propane tank, wedged it in the passenger seat, but ended up with a big scratch on glove box door plastic
Put the propane tank in the frunk.

Last edited:

connoisseurr

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT Engineering
Country flag
It's hard to secure, what do people use?
I keep a towel in my frunk and just wrap the tank. Protects it enough. I also think it’s lightly held by the hood as well.

MacherAWD

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 AWD Select C&T, 2020 Bolt Premier
Occupation
Software Implementation Manager
Country flag
I keep a towel in my frunk and just wrap the tank. Protects it enough. I also think it’s lightly held by the hood as well.
Didn't even think of frunk, but that should be perfect! Thanks

connoisseurr

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT Engineering
Country flag
Didn't even think of frunk, but that should be perfect! Thanks
Autocorrect got me. My first message said trunk, but meant frunk.

OP
OP

andrew

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E Premium (ER, RWD, Rapid Red)
Country flag
Renting a truck solves the problem, but I’d really like to use my own car. It’s a shame to have a perfectly good tool and then go rent someone else’s tool because you want to protect your own. If I could just temporarily protect my interior with a liner, I’d much rather do that.

Well this seems like exactly what I was looking for! I wish the shipping wasn’t so expensive, but I suppose that’s to be expected for such a specialty item.

Last edited:

ripperAZ

First Name
Ripper
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ice White Mustang Mach E AWD EX BATT
Country flag
Try looking at DHGate For those trunk liners it’s another Chinese option and their shipping is sometimes much less. Also the best place in the world to buy 420 glass water pipes bubblers and such if you’re interested as well lol. 1/10 The price of America since they all come from there
Jes sayin
Sponsored