Protecting Interior Plastic and Leather?

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Sonic" 2021 MME Grabber Blue First Edition
Country flag
In the interior of my old car, there were a few places that showed wear over time. I’d like to apply some protection this time to stay ahead of the game.

The first area is the plastic thresholds to the doors: the spot where the the scuff plates are and where people often step or kick when getting in and out. Same for the rear hatch threshhold.

The second area is the lower hard plastic door molding. This area gets stained over time from all the dirty shoes rubbing or pressing against these areas.

Finally, the faux leather on the seats, steering wheel, and armrests.

I know a strip of PPF-like tape would give me the best protection against scuffs on the thresholds, but I’m not sure it’ll go on super clean or invisible, especially with a DIY application. Is there a DIY ceramic or wax I could use instead on the door and threshold plastics that wouldn’t necessarily prevent scuffs but would at least make it much easier to clean and avoid stains?

What’s the best, longest lasting protector for the leather that’s suitable for a DIY?
Sponsored

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
In the interior of my old car, there were a few places that showed wear over time. I’d like to apply some protection this time to stay ahead of the game.

The first area is the plastic thresholds to the doors: the spot where the the scuff plates are and where people often step or kick when getting in and out. Same for the rear hatch threshhold.

The second area is the lower hard plastic door molding. This area gets stained over time from all the dirty shoes rubbing or pressing against these areas.

Finally, the faux leather on the seats, steering wheel, and armrests.

I know a strip of PPF-like tape would give me the best protection against scuffs on the thresholds, but I’m not sure it’ll go on super clean or invisible, especially with a DIY application. Is there a DIY ceramic or wax I could use instead on the door and threshold plastics that wouldn’t necessarily prevent scuffs but would at least make it much easier to clean and avoid stains?

What’s the best, longest lasting protector for the leather that’s suitable for a DIY?
There are a couple of threads on this - but I am not sure you can use leather cleaner/protector but probably something for vinyl would do.

https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/cleaning-treating-protecting-vegan-interior.3468/