Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Rosie" - Rapid Red Mach E AWD EXTD
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Hi everyone,
I ordered my MME AWD EXTD range in March, just built and scheduled for delivery end of October (I hope). On receiving the factory spec sheet for my vehicle I noticed that it said "LESS Garage Opener". Wasn't advised about when I purchased and believe that it is part of the US specs. This would be a very handy addition for me as it would save carrying an additional fob. Does anyone know whether this can be purchased as an after market module from my Ford dealer or does it have to be factory fitted (if available)?
Sponsored

AKgrampy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Expedition, Ford F-150, Mach E GT
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I wonder what that means? For myself we had the kick sensor eliminated for the rear hatch; however, in my case everything was installed but it was not programmed. I believe later build dates are no longer built with the module. The garage door opener switch is located on the visor. If the switch and wiring are not in place then seems like it may be challenging to get it installed. If everything is installed but just not programmed then perhaps but I doubt that is the case. Hopefully someone more knowledgeable replies.

Ming

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME premium SR RWD; 2022 Civic; Tesla MYP
Country flag
Tesla charges $350 for it, so I learned how to live with a stand alone remote and stopped worrying about it.

Gerynant24

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E4, SR AWD
Occupation
Design Assurance Manager
Country flag
If you’re up for a little DIY look this up on Amazon.co.uk
‘B086MLFRJ3’

It adds garage door opening to your phone and then you have a button in Car-play or Android Auto.

No more fobs 🙂

The only drawback is that you have to wait for the phone to pair before the button appears, but I find that if I bash the wall button as I get into the car, the button is usually on the screen by the time I’ve got out of the garage.

OP
OP
Oldlawman

Oldlawman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
If you’re up for a little DIY look this up on Amazon.co.uk
‘B086MLFRJ3’

It adds garage door opening to your phone and then you have a button in Car-play or Android Auto.

No more fobs 🙂

The only drawback is that you have to wait for the phone to pair before the button appears, but I find that if I bash the wall button as I get into the car, the button is usually on the screen by the time I’ve got out of the garage.
Thanks I will try that - Happy Christmas😎

srogers

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang, Mach E, Premium, 2021
Country flag
If you have a HomeKit enabled garage door opener you will have a garage door opener button on your CarPlay Home Screen. Also you can ask Seri to open or close the door.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Garage Opener 1672760655000

OP
OP
Oldlawman

Oldlawman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
If you have a HomeKit enabled garage door opener you will have a garage door opener button on your CarPlay Home Screen. Also you can ask Seri to open or close the door.
Thanks but UK garage doors operate on different frequencies to the US and Homekit not sold here I understand.

Wonky_Donkey

First Name
Tony R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E RWD ER
Country flag
Thanks but UK garage doors operate on different frequencies to the US and Homekit not sold here I understand.
Here’s a HomeKit compatible opener that works in UK…..

meross Smart Garage Door Opener, Voice/Remote Control, Compatible with Apple HomeKit, Amazon Alexa, Google Home, SmartThings, Add-On to Existing Garage Opener

https://amzn.eu/d/1QUGA6f

JohnnyForensic

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Infinite Blue MME 4X Premium
Occupation
Digital Forensics
Country flag
Here’s a HomeKit compatible opener that works in UK…..

meross Smart Garage Door Opener, Voice/Remote Control, Compatible with Apple HomeKit, Amazon Alexa, Google Home, SmartThings, Add-On to Existing Garage Opener

https://amzn.eu/d/1QUGA6f
+1 on this model. I have it and it’s absolutely fantastic.

@Oldlawman, these things work by actually plugging wires into the garage door opener itself, so there’s no concern about frequency. You just need to make sure your opener is compatible, and a very large majority are. Homekit is very much available in the UK; just look for the “Home” app on your iPhone.

Installing this unit into my 20 year old garage door opener took me about 30 minutes, and 20 of that was shuffling the ladder around my garage to tack the sensor cord up to the ceiling to get it out of the way. It works SO much faster than the visor buttons do on the MME (if you have those there, I don’t know), it works from every Apple device I have that includes Siri (I can open my garage door from my Apple Watch, my iPhone, my MME in CarPlay, and about six other devices), and it automatically lights-up the button on the CarPlay dashboard view when you’re within 1/4 of a mile and removes it when you’re more than ¼ mile from the house.

OP
OP
Oldlawman

Oldlawman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Thanks again for the info. I checked on the Amazon link and read a report by an engineer who installed this kit. Like him my control is a three position one ie open/stop/close so it sounds as though I will need to do the modification he detailed in order for this to work. Will look into this further.

MarkP213

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E 4X Premium, Infinite Blue
Country flag
Was yours built in, or an add-on to your opener? If an add-on, which one do you use?