First Name
Susanne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Mach E Select AWD
Country flag
Alas, I picked the wrong team for my car ;=;

Is it JUST phone calls for you folks, or all audio?

That's the part that gets me. It's just phone calls, and just the inbound half. The other side can hear me fine.
Just calls but both inbound and outbound for me
Sponsored

Last edited:

superdave59

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e 2021 premium
Occupation
Business owner
Country flag
I’m using 14 pro
Been having the same issue for as long as I can remember. Same problem with my 13 pro. Incoming and mostly outgoing calls, I have to press the “handheld” option on and off to fix it. At first I was hanging up and calling again. I’m considering changing cars completely. I work from my car and make all my calls from my car…. It’s the absolute worst. The fact that they haven’t found a solution is mind boggling! Way to go Ford!

Mach-E-Velli

First Name
Byron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach-E, Premium AWDx
Country flag
The Android Auto connectivity issue is mostly resolved if you log out of the Ford Pass App. Saw it in another thread and mine connects and stays connected 95% of the time. I know within a few minutes if I forget to log out.
I also have been having issues with Bluetooth phone calls the past few weeks. Phone calls are about 25% successful.

OP
OP
AutoDMC

AutoDMC

First Name
Zoey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Select
Country flag
I also have been having issues with Bluetooth phone calls the past few weeks. Phone calls are about 25% successful.
25% successful sounds about right. Sometimes it's got the most beautiful sound I've ever experienced in an automobile. The other 75-90% of the time it sounds chopped up and garbled.

It's just so weird for me... it's JUST phone calls. Bluetooth media player audio is clear as a bell with nary a glitch. But when there's a phone call it just... dies.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag
I’m using 14 pro
Been having the same issue for as long as I can remember. Same problem with my 13 pro. Incoming and mostly outgoing calls, I have to press the “handheld” option on and off to fix it. At first I was hanging up and calling again. I’m considering changing cars completely. I work from my car and make all my calls from my car…. It’s the absolute worst. The fact that they haven’t found a solution is mind boggling! Way to go Ford!
Hi there – send a message to us with your VIN and approximate mileage. I’ll look into this for you. Thanks!

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT, Jeep GC-L, VW Jetta
Country flag
I don't seem to have this problem, but when I have had similar issues in the past, it is due to two Bluetooth devices connecting at the same time. I have a headset that will connect to both my laptop and phone. If I don't disconnect one of them manually, I can have choppy audio problems like what people seem to be experiencing.

Have you confirmed you don't have two Bluetooth devices connected to either your phone or your car?

superdave59

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e 2021 premium
Occupation
Business owner
Country flag
Only 1 device connected to the car.
I’ve erased and repaired the device with the car, reset network settings in the device.
now I’m gonna try with the FordPass app logged off, see if that does anything… I’m not holding my breath.

Vgkfan

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 mme premium ER AWD 2016 Kia, 2003 Honda
Country flag
Hello again! Another glitch, wondering if anyone else has experienced it.

When making or receiving phone calls over Bluetooth, about 90% of the time the other side is garbled and cutting out. The other end can hear me just fine, but they cut out and garble like a bad connection.

Bluetooth music works just fine, all Bluetooth functions are great... Except phone calls are impossible crapshoots.

Is this another unique joy with my phone and my car combination? (Android Auto continues to drop connections at random.) I haven't been able to extensively test with anyone else's phone yet.
I seldom use my phone in the car, but needed to yesterday and had exact same issue. They could hear me but they were super garbled. iPhone 13. i switched from the car to the phone speaker and was crystal clear.
Sponsored