Getting Arrived at Home notification multiple times a day.

Orangefirefish

First Name
SY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
Country flag
I’ve seen it too a few times a day. I have a feeling this is related to PAAK and if your phone goes into the proximity of the vehicle, if it gets a Ping but no vehicle entry, I wonder if that causes it to tell Ford pass that it arrived.
Sponsored

Orangefirefish

First Name
SY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
Country flag
Very funny, literally right after I sent the last message my phone got the arrived at home notification. It reads the forum, I’m guessing ?

Carsinmyblood

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'53 XK120, '58 MGA, '66 E-Type, MME Prem, EX, awd
Occupation
Self employed
Country flag
Old thread revival......

Is it possible this is happening as the GPS satellites phone home with updates causing a check of all positions?

Can it be that this triggers a new message as the car's position is reconfirmed?

It would be an oversight on the programmer's part, not to ignore this.

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
Old thread revival......

Is it possible this is happening as the GPS satellites phone home with updates causing a check of all positions?

Can it be that this triggers a new message as the car's position is reconfirmed?

Oversimplifying a bit, but the GPS satellites are transmitting all the time.

https://www.gps.gov/technical/ps/

The receiver in the car may not resolve a position constantly, especially while the signal to noise ratio is too low, like while in a parking garage.

The engineers would need to work around this. I'm sure they have.

I only get the You've Arrived at Home message once after I've most recently turned off the car while at my home location, if I haven't plugged it in within 10-15 minutes or so, and if the charge level is below my requested fill level.

Seems to be operating as I'd expect.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
Oversimplifying a bit, but the GPS satellites are transmitting all the time.

https://www.gps.gov/technical/ps/

The receiver in the car may not resolve a position constantly, especially while the signal to noise ratio is too low, like while in a parking garage.

The engineers would need to work around this. I'm sure they have.

I only get the You've Arrived at Home message once after I've most recently turned off the car while at my home location, if I haven't plugged it in within 10-15 minutes or so, and if the charge level is below my requested fill level.

Seems to be operating as I'd expect.
In the time I've had the car, I only get the one arrived at home message after turning off the car. 1 bar AT&T cell signal. One thing though is that "home" was set using the "use current position" function rather than an address as all the various mapping programs have our address at our property boundary or even further away.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Old thread revival......

I think it is more likely that this happens after you've walked past and your fob or PaaK has "awakened" the car. I get this on some days as well. Very odd.

Carsinmyblood

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'53 XK120, '58 MGA, '66 E-Type, MME Prem, EX, awd
Occupation
Self employed
Country flag
I think it is more likely that this happens after you've walked past and your fob or PaaK has "awakened" the car. I get this on some days as well. Very odd.
I'll have my MME outside for now, the garage is used for more precious conveyances. If my car wakes up every time I come near I'll go nuts. The Paak won't be activated.

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
spareelectrons.wordpress.com
Vehicles
Mach-E, old: Bolt, C-Max Energi, Focus Electric
Country flag
Just disable it: The "Arrived home" notification is a plug in reminder.

Just go into notification settings "Charge Status" and turn off "Plug-in reminders" and it will never tell you the car is home again.
Sponsored