Michelle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Mazda CX5 GT, 2019 Dodge Challenger SXTplus
Occupation
Field Manager
Country flag
I took my car in on Tuesday to complete the high voltage junction box recall along with a couple other recalls that were on my VIN and and get my tires rotated and they were done with it on Thursday. They provided me with a 2023 Ford escape to drive in the meantime and I'm now waiting to get it washed. The service tech said a new program started today and Ford is providing all Mach E owners that complete the recall with a free car wash, 30,000 Ford pass reward points, a new mobile phone charging mat with the latest design and a $50 gift card to reimburse for gas or charging for the loaner vehicle. I am very impressed and this was completely unexpected so thank you to @Ford Motor Company!!

Ford Mustang Mach-E Gift from Ford for completing the HVJB recall! 20240118_155044

Ford Mustang Mach-E Gift from Ford for completing the HVJB recall! 20240118_155110

Last edited:

Aubury

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach E Premium - Grabber Blue
Country flag
Meanwhile I took my Mach E for a failed driver-facing camera today, they had no loaners available (they never seem to have any). My only option would be to get a rental that's at least $30/day if I need a car, oh and they won't be able to even look at it until next week.

HoosierMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
Meanwhile I took my Mach E for a failed driver-facing camera today, they had no loaners available (they never seem to have any). My only option would be to get a rental that's at least $30/day if I need a car, oh and they won't be able to even look at it until next week.
Oh man, I scheduled service for this exact issue. Hoping I have better luck.

HoosierMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
The service tech said a new program started today and Ford is providing all Mach E owners that complete the recall... a new mobile phone charging mat with the latest design .
This talk of a new phone charging mat has me intrigued. Has Ford come up with something to make the cell phone charger usable?

Rafka70

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach premium er
Country flag
I had the same problem with this camera . I had car back after 3 hours . Needs some reprogramming.

Aubury

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach E Premium - Grabber Blue
Country flag
I had the same problem with this camera . I had car back after 3 hours . Needs some reprogramming.
I'm not surprised they want to keep the car. I had to take my 21 Escape PHEV in a bunch of times and every time they wanted to keep the car for multiple days. I'm guessing they have a shortage of technicians cause they don't want to pay enough so they don't get any applicants.

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
Why do I doubt that I’m going get such a nice parting gift? It’s probably like that free dent repair service - no soup for Florida.
That was because you’re not allowed to discount warranties in Florida. Don’t see why we’d be left out of this one.

electric-in-the-desert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 GT
Occupation
Computer Engineer
Country flag
This talk of a new phone charging mat has me intrigued. Has Ford come up with something to make the cell phone charger usable?
If you have an iPhone I can’t recommend the twraps MagSafe charger enough. It’s a big improvement having two reliable spots for charging + they stay put with MagSafe.

HoosierMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
If you have an iPhone I can’t recommend the twraps MagSafe charger enough. It’s a big improvement having two reliable spots for charging + they stay put with MagSafe.
I have an Android phone...

Hammered

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 PB F150, MME GTPE
Country flag
That's a decent gift of 30k points ($150). I've got 107k right now worth $535 towards ford stuff.

JoelOclock

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E Premium ER AWD
Country flag
Might be late to the party here but I got the recall early notice and was told there’s no HW solution yet only software and that they haven’t received guidance from Ford yet on full replacements. Did this change recently??

OP
OP

Jayally

First Name
Michelle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Mazda CX5 GT, 2019 Dodge Challenger SXTplus
Occupation
Field Manager
Country flag
They've had the hardware parts for the battery issue for quite some time but they may have had delays in getting them in stock. If your dealership is telling you something else, you should reach out to ford directly to confirm or find another dealership to service your car.
Sponsored