Giving Credit where Credit is due

Ghost Ryder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MYP, 22 GTPE
Country flag
I've been pretty critical of Ford in the past for a variety of things such as the power limit on the GTs, or the poor implementation of the first HVBJB recall, but I will give Ford credit when they do something right.

Last week, I got the SVS/SNN message at almost 30k. Dreading the dealer experience that so many hear have had with their HVBJB replacement, I promptly called the BEV team as well as a local dealer (not the one that I bought from, too far away.) The dealer was able to take my car in right away. Also the BEV team was super helpful, understood my fear that the dealer would mess up and assured me that they will be contacting the dealer to help them through the process.

Keep in mind that most of my previous cars have been Luxury brand, Merc/BMW/Porsche. At those dealerships, they have models walking around as "brand ambassadors getting you pastries, and making your expressos while the service advisors charge you 5k to fill your tire with pure nitrogen. The Ford dealer that I went to was the exact opposite. Down to earth, friendly people. The waiting room looks more like a rest stop, than an automotive museum, but I'm here to get my car fix, not marvel at the Italian marble in the bathroom.

Anyways, the BEV team and the service advisor both called me the next day and confirmed that the HVBJB gave up the ghost and will be replaced. Furthmore, I had a bunch of other codes that they will be addressing. Apparently, my brake wire harness needed to be replaced. They also replaced both my side mirror motors because they were studdering when opening. They told me that once they get the parts, they'll call me to give me a better estimate to when they'll be done.

Fast forward 1 wk, I got a call from the service advisor that they were done. All told, FORD covered 5K of repairs, parts and labor. Glad it was all under warranty.

So props to FORD and my local dealer for a job well done.
Sponsored

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Agreed. I just had the same experience. The even better news is my dealer picked up the car from my house on a Monday. They returned it with all the work you described plus a pair of new half-shafts on Wednesday of the same week.

Susanne76

First Name
Susanne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Mach E Select AWD
Country flag
I've been pretty critical of Ford in the past for a variety of things such as the power limit on the GTs, or the poor implementation of the first HVBJB recall, but I will give Ford credit when they do something right.

Last week, I got the SVS/SNN message at almost 30k. Dreading the dealer experience that so many hear have had with their HVBJB replacement, I promptly called the BEV team as well as a local dealer (not the one that I bought from, too far away.) The dealer was able to take my car in right away. Also the BEV team was super helpful, understood my fear that the dealer would mess up and assured me that they will be contacting the dealer to help them through the process.

Keep in mind that most of my previous cars have been Luxury brand, Merc/BMW/Porsche. At those dealerships, they have models walking around as "brand ambassadors getting you pastries, and making your expressos while the service advisors charge you 5k to fill your tire with pure nitrogen. The Ford dealer that I went to was the exact opposite. Down to earth, friendly people. The waiting room looks more like a rest stop, than an automotive museum, but I'm here to get my car fix, not marvel at the Italian marble in the bathroom.

Anyways, the BEV team and the service advisor both called me the next day and confirmed that the HVBJB gave up the ghost and will be replaced. Furthmore, I had a bunch of other codes that they will be addressing. Apparently, my brake wire harness needed to be replaced. They also replaced both my side mirror motors because they were studdering when opening. They told me that once they get the parts, they'll call me to give me a better estimate to when they'll be done.

Fast forward 1 wk, I got a call from the service advisor that they were done. All told, FORD covered 5K of repairs, parts and labor. Glad it was all under warranty.

So props to FORD and my local dealer for a job well done.
Which dealer if you don’t mind sharing?

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
Great story! I’ve always maintained that, if leveraged properly, Ford’s dealer network could be a great strategic advantage.

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
I’m very glad that you had a good experience with your dealer. 😊🐩 My experience wasn’t quite like yours. 😕🐩

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Mine was Koons Ford Silver Spring, MD.