GOM inaccuracy: range only, or both range and charge level?

Tom Bowden

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Audi Q5 Prestige
Country flag
Newbie here -- apologize if this is discussed elsewhere. I've seen a hundred people say that the GOM is inaccurate, and we shouldn't rely on it. But it seems like they're usually talking about the range, measured in miles. Does the same inaccuracy plague the percentage level of the battery charge? Or is it (hopefully) accurate and reliable?
Sponsored

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
Newbie here -- apologize if this is discussed elsewhere. I've seen a hundred people say that the GOM is inaccurate, and we shouldn't rely on it. But it seems like they're usually talking about the range, measured in miles. Does the same inaccuracy plague the percentage level of the battery charge? Or is it (hopefully) accurate and reliable?
The battery percentage is accurate.

Murse-In-Airy

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E ER AWD
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
The battery percentage is accurate. The efficiency in the trip meter is reasonably accurate with some rounding errors. The GOM may be close to accurate if you account for the rounding errors AND the VERY conservative nature of it. Ford trying to ensure that you plan a buffer and don’t get stranded. Learning to balance it all takes a little time.
Sponsored