Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW X3. BMW Z4. MACH-E PREMIUM IN 2021
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Reservation system is a farce. I have no VIN but local dealers have 10 listed with VINs on Autotrader
Sponsored

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
The dealers don't have any cars either. At this moment no one has an MME. Maybe today someone will but not a dealer.

What you see on autotrader and dealer websites are cars that have been already produced and are awaiting delivery. They could be the dealer's FCTP vehicle or regular customer cars. They're not listed to sell or solicit "backup" offers ala real estate. They're there only to drum up business. If you call about any particular car, you'll be told it's already been sold but they'll be glad to order you one. It's the enticement to get you to make contact is all.

If you do not have a VIN, it's because your car either has not been scheduled for a production week, or your dealer isn't looking it up for you. If you have a reservation number you can pull the vin from the information found elsewhere on this wesbite.

JellyBelly

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME RR FE
Country flag
Hmm..reservation system is not related to VINs. And your dealer having VINs again nothing to do with reservation system. What seems to be the issue? Are you early reservation holder with no build date? You have a build date and no VIn? Your dealer provides you that not Ford reservation system. Ford reservation will provide you the VIN on the email they send you when the say your car is built and ready to ship.

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
Reservation holders with a build week date can find their VIN embedded in the html code on their reservation page. There are instructions posted in one of the threads here on this forum.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Reservation system is a farce. I have no VIN but local dealers have 10 listed with VINs on Autotrader
I see this is your first post. What is it you are really trying to tell us? Your post is so cryptic it is positively unclear.

Garbone

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Mach E , 22 MachE, 62 C10 Big window long bed
Occupation
Loafer
Country flag
One would think that is a dealer blowing smoke issue and not a reservation "systemic" issue.

If you want hate and discontent try a Bronco reservation. They keep bumping ordering date back and raising the prices and removing available options.

BlueMach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition
Country flag
VINs on Autotrader you can't actually buy are pretty meaningless, nobody has a Mach-E for sale yet regardless of what the dealer chose to put into Autotrader's system.

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
VINs on Autotrader you can't actually buy are pretty meaningless, nobody has a Mach-E for sale yet regardless of what the dealer chose to put into Autotrader's system.
True.
Probably doesn't help when Ford's own website has a link to check local dealership inventory. If you click the Search Inventory button, it pulls up a list of 18 vehicles in my immediate area. I know they are all dealer demos....even the one FE that is listed. The average consumer that just heard about the Mach E and is trying to find more details could be excused for believing these are available for purchase now. :confused:

Ford Mustang Mach-E Good bye 1609198338682

Reactions: ARK

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
VINs just indicate that the car has made it to a certain point in the process for a dealer. Nothing more, nothing less.

If you look at the list of VINs at your dealer and plug each one in to www.macheforum.com/site/pages/tracker, it's possible you'll find yours.

OP
OP

Miatagreg

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I see this is your first post. What is it you are really trying to tell us? Your post is so cryptic it is positively unclear.
Sorry if I was cryptic ...I have waited months for a VIN and surprised that dealers are tossing out VINs when I don’t have my VIN yet. I truly and foolishly thought the reservation system gave me a priority. It appears it did not.

Dan G

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Hyundai Ioniq
Occupation
Pilot
Country flag
Sorry if I was cryptic ...I have waited months for a VIN and surprised that dealers are tossing out VINs when I don’t have my VIN yet. I truly and foolishly thought the reservation system gave me a priority. It appears it did not.
I thought the original plan was for dealers to get theirs first as part of the FCTP. They can't sell these cars until they reach a certain time frame/mileage number. However, Ford decided, with the delays, to start shipping customer cars along with dealer cars. I'm sure someone here can correct me.

If you have a build date, you have a VIN. My build date is in February, I have a VIN. My dealer has a car with a VIN and they expect to get it in early February/late January. At which point I'll be there all the time test driving it.

So I guess, I'm not sure what my point is but take a deep breath. Relax. You'll get yours. If a dealer gets theirs first, take it for a test drive and enjoy it.

DaveRuns

Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
Country flag
I think the dealers received their VINs when they ordered the cars from Ford through the normal dealer demo program. While these cars may have been built already and have VINs, they have not been shipped yet. When your car is scheduled to go to production, you should have a VIN assigned. If your dealer can't provide it, there's a link on this forum to retrieve it from your reservation page. Bottom line is, depending on when you reserved/ordered, you should receive your car before the dealer.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
That helps. I think I have a better feel of the entitled whining that is being expressed here. We've all been waiting for months, some for more than a year. Some of us have finally had our cars built or at least scheduled and have VINs, others don't. Welcome to the friggin club, man.

By the fact that this was your first post, I can only assume you haven't bothered to read what is all over this forum. Some of these bits of information you could have gleaned include:
  • Most FCTP vehicles were always scheduled to be built before most customer cars.
  • The cars that show up in the dealers' systems are FCTP, not dealer stock and will be available for you and everyone else to take test drives. They can't be sold for 4-6 months.
  • Because there are customer cars built already, the customer cars are being given priority in shipping over FCTP cars. Yeah, the dealer cars have been built. They're also sitting in a parking lot in Cuautitlan.
  • Unless you have an early reservation and order conversion, your car probably won't be scheduled yet and you won't have a VIN yet. It's because there are lots of us waiting for cars.
Hopefully your next post, whatever it is will be a constructive contribution to the Forum.

OP
OP

Miatagreg

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
That helps. I think I have a better feel of the entitled whining that is being expressed here. We've all been waiting for months, some for more than a year. Some of us have finally had our cars built or at least scheduled and have VINs, others don't. Welcome to the friggin club, man.

By the fact that this was your first post, I can only assume you haven't bothered to read what is all over this forum. Some of these bits of information you could have gleaned include:
  • Most FCTP vehicles were always scheduled to be built before most customer cars.
  • The cars that show up in the dealers' systems are FCTP, not dealer stock and will be available for you and everyone else to take test drives. They can't be sold for 4-6 months.
  • Because there are customer cars built already, the customer cars are being given priority in shipping over FCTP cars. Yeah, the dealer cars have been built. They're also sitting in a parking lot in Cuautitlan.
  • Unless you have an early reservation and order conversion, your car probably won't be scheduled yet and you won't have a VIN yet. It's because there are lots of us waiting for cars.
Hopefully your next post, whatever it is will be a constructive contribution to the Forum.
Ok.
Sorry I brought it up. I misunderstood.
And you demeaned me.
Not very polite.
I will remove myself from the forum.
Sponsored