Markus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1933 Ford Speedstar Roadster, 2021 Mache CA RT1
Occupation
Business Owner
Country flag
Iā€™m a locomotive engineer and just thought maybe we had turned a corner because I had noticed an uptick on the amount of auto trains weā€™ve had on my run. Maybe it will just be sporadic for the foreseeable future or unforeseeable I guess.
CFO of Ford said: chip supply will get better second half. He would know as they are ordering the millions of them.

Mawby

First Name
Markus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1933 Ford Speedstar Roadster, 2021 Mache CA RT1
Occupation
Business Owner
Country flag
Iā€™m in the same boat. Iā€™m 4 months in with no production date and seeing built cars that now have extra chip holds. I may have found a 21 that is exactly what I ordered in a 22. It will cost me a $2500 ADM. I figure it will save me money over waiting till whenever mine gets built and delivered. Iā€™m in sales so my loss of productivity reading this forum and obsessively hitting refresh on my Ford account is definitely costing me sales! Plus depending on what happens with interest rates I will probably come out ahead and with more options on the car!

Fingers crossed an asteroid doesnā€™t hit the dealership before pickup on Monday or something else crazy doesnā€™t happen since Iā€™m traveling a good distance to get it!
Considering the sales price on a '22 is higher then the '21....

Bigfeets

First Name
JM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford MMe premium order. Hyundai Ioniq 5 Lrd
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Iā€™m a locomotive engineer and just thought maybe we had turned a corner because I had noticed an uptick on the amount of auto trains weā€™ve had on my run. Maybe it will just be sporadic for the foreseeable future or unforeseeable I guess.
I've no idea if this is pertinent. Tesla produced around 900,000 BEV in 2021 while Ford made about 27,000 MME for US market, struggling to complete them. Tesla doesn't appear to have the microchip shortage that most other big automakers seem to have. Maybe you're seeing Teslas being shipped. I certainly see them on the streets of my city.

voxel

First Name
Nelson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Mach-E 4X, 23 GC Limited
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
I've no idea if this is pertinent. Tesla produced around 900,000 BEV in 2021 while Ford made about 27,000 MME for US market, struggling to complete them. Tesla doesn't appear to have the microchip shortage that most other big automakers seem to have. Maybe you're seeing Teslas being shipped. I certainly see them on the streets of my city.
Tesla ran out of USB-c chips and the center console was missing them for a few build weeks. I think now the center console USB ports are power only too(no data).

Tesla uses higher end chips that have larger margins for chipmakers so Iā€™m sure suppliers are happy to shift production to those. The newest 2022 Y has AMD CPU/GPU chip instead of the older slow Intel Atom for the infotainment system.

Itā€™s time for me to admit here that I took delivery on a new 2022 Model Y this week(after 160 days of waiting)ā€¦.but planning to trade it for a GTPE soonā€¦ if I can find one with a reasonable markup.

OP
OP
emersonsdad

emersonsdad

First Name
Pablo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 MME CA R1
Country flag
We haul everyoneā€™s cars including Tesla. I had just notice weā€™re running more auto trains recently and thought maybe we had got on the other side of the chip shortage in general. Apparently not the case. Weā€™re kind of the first ones to see the the results of shortages and surpluses in just about everything due to us hauling it.

1969Camaro

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E Premium, 2018 Prius Prime, 1969 Camaro
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Trigger pulled! I will say Earnhardt in AZ was the fastest car purchase I have ever had. All doc's and car waiting when I arrived. In and out of paperwork in less than 15 minutes. 45 minutes spent with dealership IT guy helping with features, phone connection etc.

Plugged in wifes L2 16A charger for her plug-in and Ford App says 20 hrs to charge.... I think I need to install the Ford L2. That should cut the time in half.

BTW- Dealer was delivering three other new MME's. So, I guess they actually do get some.

RockwallRick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Ford Maverick FX4
Country flag
Iā€™m in the same boat. Iā€™m 4 months in with no production date and seeing built cars that now have extra chip holds. I may have found a 21 that is exactly what I ordered in a 22. It will cost me a $2500 ADM. I figure it will save me money over waiting till whenever mine gets built and delivered. Iā€™m in sales so my loss of productivity reading this forum and obsessively hitting refresh on my Ford account is definitely costing me sales! Plus depending on what happens with interest rates I will probably come out ahead and with more options on the car!

Fingers crossed an asteroid doesnā€™t hit the dealership before pickup on Monday or something else crazy doesnā€™t happen since Iā€™m traveling a good distance to get it!
Good Luck! My Wifeā€™s order took less than 5 months to come in but I found one exactly like she ordered so we jumped the gun! I put the pressure on myself by selling her car way too early!

voxel

First Name
Nelson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Mach-E 4X, 23 GC Limited
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
We haul everyoneā€™s cars including Tesla. I had just notice weā€™re running more auto trains recently and thought maybe we had got on the other side of the chip shortage in general. Apparently not the case. Weā€™re kind of the first ones to see the the results of shortages and surpluses in just about everything due to us hauling it.
Might be manufacturer dependent.

Hyundai dumped 3000+ Ioniq 5s in the past month in the US and Tesla's delivery centers are full of cars (on a Wed, 20 cars were being accepted/delivered to customers - the same day I picked up my Model Y).

My Ford dealer told me all their 2022 Mach-Es that were scheduled to arrive in Feb were all pushed to May.

ChuckA

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ā€˜21 MME Premium AWD ER in Infinite Blue
Occupation
Accountant-Retired
Country flag
Long story short, modern manufacturing practices such as Lean & Just-in-Time only work if supply is reliable. Thereā€™s no way to be efficient unless you kit what you have so you build what you can, not what is ordered.

deadduck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
No
Country flag
Just an observation but the local Tesla dealership is overflowing. Drive by it every couple of weeks and never seen it this full. Usually, it looks like all the rest of the dealers do these days.

On the other hand, for a standard MY, it's August for delivery. Performance version is March. M3 is March.

Debangor

First Name
Debbie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Got a call from a local dealer. 21 Premium AWD extended range in my color became available. Going to look at it this AM. Willing to go 3 to 5K over. Not a penny more. I will keep my 22 order and flip if it ever comes in and get two tax credits. That is if it still qualifies for the TC.
You shouldnā€™t have to pay a penny over MSRP.
Sponsored