Got 6.14.0 update - Now Predictive Speed Assist & Lane Change Assist no longer work.

Roger23

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mustang Mach-e, 2023 Ford Explorer
Country flag
I just received the 6.14.0 update yesterday. Now Predictive Speed Assist & Lane Change Assist no longer work. When I turn on Blue Cruise I get a warning saying “Adaptive cruise control predictive speed assist not available”. Blue Cruise is working fine, but it won’t switch lanes on its own anymore. It also will no longer adjust the speed limit. I checked in the settings to make sure they were still turned on and they were. Anyone else run into these issues after this most recent update?

IMG_1676.jpeg
Sponsored

Neil4Real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT Performance Edition - Shadow Black
Country flag
Was this yesterday you experienced it? Have you tried driving again today? Anything wonky has a good chance of working itself out after the vehicle sits off overnight. If it is still doing it today, try and reboot your Sync a few times. On the steering wheel, press and hold volume down and next track at the same time until you see the screen reboot. Once it fully boots up, give it a minute, then do it one more time. Then see if you’re still having the issue.

Gimme_my_MME

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue First Edition Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Your signature says you have a 21MY, it should never have been changing lanes on its own before

OP
OP

Roger23

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Your signature says you have a 21MY, it should never have been changing lanes on its own before
That’s my old car. I have a 2023 now. I’ll update my signature.

OP
OP

Roger23

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Was this yesterday you experienced it? Have you tried driving again today? Anything wonky has a good chance of working itself out after the vehicle sits off overnight. If it is still doing it today, try and reboot your Sync a few times. On the steering wheel, press and hold volume down and next track at the same time until you see the screen reboot. Once it fully boots up, give it a minute, then do it one more time. Then see if you’re still having the issue.
It was the same this morning on my way to work. I’ll try rebooting SYNC. Hopefully that works. Thanks.

Robob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23’ GT Cyber Orange
Occupation
Auto Parts, Paint & Tech
Country flag
The updated APIM may be looking for a newer software version of the IPC, PSCM, or IPMA. Or maybe it is a co-incidence that you are seeing an error from a cruise control module now that the other update went through.
If you post your vin or DM it to me I can see if those are out of date.

OP
OP

Roger23

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Vin#: 3FMTK3SU5PMA70332

Thanks

Robob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23’ GT Cyber Orange
Occupation
Auto Parts, Paint & Tech
Country flag
well, you are fully up to date as far as FDRS says. If the car was plugged in and network scanned it may find some updates.
If the problem persists you could take it in and ask to have them scan manually to see if they can pull codes that may be stored.
I don't see many cars fully updated so you must have a good dealer or manually did them yourself at some point. Its a rare sight!

NUC.jpg

OP
OP

Roger23

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
well, you are fully up to date as far as FDRS says. If the car was plugged in and network scanned it may find some updates.
If the problem persists you could take it in and ask to have them scan manually to see if they can pull codes that may be stored.
I don't see many cars fully updated so you must have a good dealer or manually did them yourself at some point. Its a rare sight!

Ford Mustang Mach-E Got 6.14.0 update - Now Predictive Speed Assist & Lane Change Assist no longer work. NUC
Thanks for looking it up for me. I appreciate it. I had my car at the dealer a few weeks ago to get my driver facing camera replaced. They must have updated everything then. I’m going to do a SYNC reboot before I head home later. Hopefully that fixes it.

Robob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23’ GT Cyber Orange
Occupation
Auto Parts, Paint & Tech
Country flag
It should fix it. Or the other idea I had is if they did update everything they may have forgotten to clear the codes generated by the update / install of the module.
if you do a reset and it still persists have them plug in and check it out.

OP
OP

Roger23

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I have the same issue. How did you perform the SYNC reboot? Thank you.
On the steering wheel, press and hold volume down and next track at the same time until you see the screen reboot.

hack-e

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Prem AWD ER MME
Occupation
Robotics Engineer
Country flag
Someone mentioned alway rebooting SYNC after an update a long time ago and I now pretty much always do that just for good measure. And I almost always forget that that drops your volume to zero and sometimes make next track stick on. But all worth it me thinks.

Pibe38

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford Mustang Mach-E Premium X
Country flag
Someone mentioned alway rebooting SYNC after an update a long time ago and I now pretty much always do that just for good measure. And I almost always forget that that drops your volume to zero and sometimes make next track stick on. But all worth it me thinks.
This, I do this too.

Although now I turn off the audio (center of the volume wheel) to keep the volume from going all the way down.
Sponsored