RockwallRick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Ford Maverick FX4
Country flag
The phone can have no battery and you are screwed!
Someone can steal your phone, you are screwed!
Keys work for long periods of time, reliably, I like the keyfobs. It works it will always work.
Use PAAK if you wish, but I rather have the key in my pocket, as I have done for a long time.
I hate relying on technology too much because when something breaks it can take a long time to sort out.
Once a Fobber, always a Fobber! That is my Motto! Lol They work just fine until the battery dies usually good for several years. Replaced 2 Fob batteries in 7 years with our Cmax!
Sponsored

OP
OP
Timmy

Timmy

First Name
Timmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium 4WD EB
Country flag
You realize that fobs fail too, right??
Not picking up a fight, ok?
Yes, anything can fail.
However, how many times have you been frustrated by the failure of a key? How long the battery lasts in the key?
I am constantly frustrated by software. That's all.

Tofuboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach - E
Country flag
Hi there,
Picked up my red MME last Friday. Loving every minute!
On Monday I got a call from the sales guy who managed the purchase. He told me to go and get my second keyfob!
The guys at the dealership told me that Ford sent the key because they know that PAAK is not good enough. I asked the guy if the keyfob needed to be programmed or if I had to pay for it. He said that it was included in the purchase and already programmed.
This is great, FordPass, kinda works for me but I could not set it up for my wife on her phone, Now she has her own key!

So I would suggest, if you didn't get 2 keyfobs, go and ask for your extra one at the dealership.
2 Keyfobs is standard here in the UK

Chuck

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E 2021
Country flag
I'm sure California will pass a law requiring 2 keyfobs at some point. If nothing else just to pi$$ off Tesla for moving their HQ to Texas.

kennethjk

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Prem. EB 4WD, X3
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
You realize that fobs fail too, right??
You are probably right but compare the odds, much less likely to have a key failure. I have been driving for over 60 years and the only key problem I have seen is the need for a new battery Every 4 years or so.

Luke

First Name
Luciano
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach e, Taurus
Occupation
Computer Engineer
Country flag
I wonder what the actual cost of a fob is to Ford? How much would it cost to make and program a second fob for every MME so far? With PaaK being in its infancy, they should have known better.
Having said that, both of our current cars have two fobs but we only ever use one. The second fobs just sit in the safe. If you share a car I can see it being a big deal though.
they realized their mistake and included the second fob to the GT version. And will possibly include on all version 2022. They they would never admit failure on version 2021.

Motomax

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW GLI, 4Runner
Country flag
I would disagree in part.
The tech guys (and I am one of those) will always find a workaround for everything.
The key is "simplicity". Have it, and then you may have something else.
However, when you are relying on codes/phones/software etc. You are creating vulnerabilities and points of failure.
As I said, give me the keys.
The Mach e doesn’t have a key. The FOB has a very well know vulnerability including signal interception and repeating. I’ll give you the reliability though.
The phone can have no battery and you are screwed!
Someone can steal your phone, you are screwed!
Keys work for long periods of time, reliably, I like the keyfobs. It works it will always work.
Use PAAK if you wish, but I rather have the key in my pocket, as I have done for a long time.
I hate relying on technology too much because when something breaks it can take a long time to sort out.
I’m more likely to lose a fob than have my phone stolen…
They should have looked at using the iOS and Android built in phone as key features that use Ultra wideband as well as NFC. On IOS, the phone as key will still work with a dead battery. This is because a dead battery is not really dead and they keep certain signals like NFC active even when powered off.
Sponsored