hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 Premium4X - EAP Member
Country flag
I also reserved a grabber blue first edition. I love the contrast of the blue with the black roof and the red tail lights.

However, I'm also confused as to why I only see grabber blue with the GT black front "grill" area. First, I seem to remember that grabber blue was exclusive to the first edition. You can't reserve a first edition anymore, but you can reserve a GT, and that doesn't come with a grabber blue option. I actually prefer the GT front, but I would like to see more pictures of the color in the configuration you can actually buy currently. This seems to be the only color Ford shows like this. Why?
Render of First Edition in Grabber Blue.

Ford Mustang Mach-E GRABBER BLUE Mach-E Club First Edition Grabber Blue
Sponsored

eastern refugee

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E First Edition Grabber Blue.....GOT IT!
Occupation
insurance agent
Country flag
I did the First Edition specifically for the grabber blue and the range. I liked the idea that the First Edition would stand out form the rest. I have to admit that it does bother me that what was something unique can now be done on other models. Sorry..just my opinion. In a good way there still are some unique differences to the First edition like the red brake calibers and the FIRSt EDITION sill plate (I think).

eager2own

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Porsche Panamera S e-Hybrid
Country flag
In a good way there still are some unique differences to the First edition like the red brake calibers and the FIRSt EDITION sill plate (I think).
Well... the GT will also have the red brake calipers in addition to the GB color option... so just the First Edition sill plate?
On the plus side, the FE does have the range over the GT.

eastern refugee

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
insurance agent
Country flag
Well... the GT will also have the red brake calipers in addition to the GB color option... so just the First Edition sill plate?
On the plus side, the FE does have the range over the GT.
I was told that the red calibers are first edition only.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
It's amazing how lighting changes the look of these things. Same way with the red. These two don't even look like the same color. Love the 1st, but not the 2nd, at all.

first-edition-grabber-blue-jpg.jpg

reveal-grabber-blue-mach-e-jpg.jpg

Petter

First Name
Petter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Transit (2017), Mustang Mach-E, FE (2021)
Occupation
Media manager/editor
Country flag
It's amazing how lighting changes the look of these things. Same way with the red. These two don't even look like the same color. Love the 1st, but not the 2nd, at all.

first-edition-grabber-blue-jpg.jpg

reveal-grabber-blue-mach-e-jpg.jpg
I agree. The first is spectacular! As the photo is taken outside, I suppose this is more representative than the photo with artificial lighting. Interesting that you say that light conditions change the red representation also.

Last edited:

Azuloval

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Explorer
Country flag
I agree. The first is spectacular! As the photo is taken outside, I suppose this is more representative than the photo With artificial lighting. Interesting that you say that light conditions chage the red representation also.
The first one is a rendering so I would take it with a grain of salt. If you've ever seen Grabber Blue on a Mustang it looks more like the second photo. The lighting isn't great in that pic so it will look a little livelier than what you see there.

The mustang site has lots of real life pics - https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/grabber-blue-s550-mustang-thread.51576/page-46

Petter

First Name
Petter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Transit (2017), Mustang Mach-E, FE (2021)
Occupation
Media manager/editor
Country flag

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
The first one is a rendering so I would take it with a grain of salt. If you've ever seen Grabber Blue on a Mustang it looks more like the second photo. The lighting isn't great in that pic so it will look a little livelier than what you see there.

The mustang site has lots of real life pics - https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/grabber-blue-s550-mustang-thread.51576/page-46
Yep. While the LA Auto Show lighting pictures (with the neon pony in the background) really distorted the red (it fortunately doesn't really look that shade), it's kinda the opposite with the blue. Of the 2 contrasting pics above, the actual blue looks more like the 2nd.

The rendering (1st image) has a richer blue with touch of green tint to it. I find it much better looking than the Grabber blue, which looks like a flat baby blue to my eye.

Redundant

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E 4X-Space White, 1 Ford Flex, 2 Ford Escapes
Country flag
Keep your eyes peeled on the road too. There are mustangs in grabber blue in the wild. It is Ford’s iconic sport color to Ferrari’s red.

eastern refugee

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
insurance agent
Country flag
Keep your eyes peeled on the road too. There are mustangs in grabber blue in the wild. It is Ford’s iconic sport color to Ferrari’s red.
I did not know that...thanks....Ferrari red is THE iconic Ferrari. Today I just learned something new about mustangs...I appreciate.

eager2own

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Porsche Panamera S e-Hybrid
Country flag
I did not know that...thanks....Ferrari red is THE iconic Ferrari. Today I just learned something new about mustangs...I appreciate.
Not to go too far into a tangent, but I’d consider Bullitt green to be the iconic Mustang color.
But GB is the more modern color associated with performance Ford models — akin a bit to Rebel Blue used by Volvo on Polestars vehicles.

RockDaphne98296

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E FE, 2016 F-350 Super Duty XLT
Occupation
Commercial Aerospace Interiors
Country flag
I am a FE Reservation Holder in Grabber Blue!! ?
Sponsored