Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Escape, 2017 Focus EV, Mach E Select On Order
Occupation
Teacher
Country flag
My wife and I both have 2022 Select Awd's. The only difference (besides color) is she has the comfort and convenience package and I do not. I got mine in May and had a Grizzle charger installed by the power company ($10 a month rental and allows for $.05 KWH off-peak charging). Never had an issue charging at night preset to start at 10 PM and charge to 90%
We got hers a month ago and 3 or 4 times now hers has charged up partially and then the charger shuts off and blinks red. Once the breaker has been reset it finishes charging to 90%.
Any ideas?

Obligatory pic.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Grizzl e Charging Issue, Any ideas unnamed
Sponsored

OP
OP

JuneauMachE

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Teacher
Country flag
Same charger, we alternate night charging.

CHeil402

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Audi A4, 2021 MME
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Country flag
What charge rate are you using? There are known issues at the max setting with some units. I have mine set to the next lower value and haven't had any issues.

Shayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME4x Prem
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Same charger, we alternate night charging.
Same charger but it is the charger that errors out and not the car? Any codes in her car? Working on one car and not the other says it may not be the charger. A power outage will get the grizzle to not reset right and error out sometimes blinking red (I have noted and mine has an alarm sound in this mode). Power did not flicker or go out and just happen to be when hers was plugged in? Any other appliance blinking those mornings?

OP
OP

JuneauMachE

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Teacher
Country flag
Just when on her car. No outage (at least not every time, can't say that it didn't happen on any of them, but I don't recall any). I'm thinking of checking the charge settings on the charger if it is at 40and moving it done to 32 amp.
I will check and see if she has any error messages in the car.

Shayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME4x Prem
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Just when on her car. No outage (at least not every time, can't say that it didn't happen on any of them, but I don't recall any. I'm thinking of checking the charge settings and moving it done to 32 amp.
I will check and see if she has any error messages.
Would not solve the problem but it would explain it. Only time I get blinking red on my Grizzle is when the power flickers or goes out and it does not come back on right. It would be a coincidence but worth keeping in mind. Not much difference in 32 and 40 if you sleep like most and worth a try to see if you can find a work around. Then go back to 40 may be to test.

dj_stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME Premium -> 2023 GTPE
Country flag
My wife and I both have 2022 Select Awd's. The only difference (besides color) is she has the comfort and convenience package and I do not. I got mine in May and had a Grizzle charger installed by the power company ($10 a month rental and allows for $.05 KWH off-peak charging). Never had an issue charging at night preset to start at 10 PM and charge to 90%
We got hers a month ago and 3 or 4 times now hers has charged up partially and then the charger shuts off and blinks red. Once the breaker has been reset it finishes charging to 90%.
Any ideas?

Obligatory pic.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Grizzl e Charging Issue, Any ideas unnamed
I had this issue, most likely you’re seeing a GFCI High fault (check the manual and correspond the number of beeps/flashes).

I just contacted support and they said they’re aware of the issue, the chargers are over sensitive and require a firmware update. So they sent me a new one and I’m sending mine back.

OP
OP

JuneauMachE

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Teacher
Country flag
Thanks DJ_Stang. I'll contact the power company since I'm renting from them.
Sponsored