nor3bo

First Name
Jacques
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Prem 4X
Country flag
Haven’t had the Charging Paused for a few days now. Also, it’s showing again in the web portal.
Interesting, mine is still missing. Are you still on the same firmware version?
Sponsored

Bosox07

First Name
Clint
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RR Premium 4x
Occupation
Aircraft Mechanic Supervisor
Country flag
Same here, it disappeared for me yesterday afternoon. After that I decided to reset my wifi and now have a "dumb" charger until the fix their system
I tried to disconnect mine from my wifi, but it still isn't working. Did you leave the dip switch in the down position like the manual says to do and then put it back in the up position after resetting, or did you leave it down? I put mine back up again but never reconnected my wifi, and it still won't charge. I'm wondering if I was supposed to leave it down to make it a truly "dumb" charger.

Incidentally, I had been using it disconnected from my wifi for a month just fine, but went to the trouble of reconnecting it and updating to 5.53 and that's when the issues started back up.

jobrien360

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E Premium 4x
I tried to disconnect mine from my wifi, but it still isn't working. Did you leave the dip switch in the down position like the manual says to do and then put it back in the up position after resetting, or did you leave it down? I put mine back up again but never reconnected my wifi, and it still won't charge. I'm wondering if I was supposed to leave it down to make it a truly "dumb" charger.

Incidentally, I had been using it disconnected from my wifi for a month just fine, but went to the trouble of reconnecting it and updating to 5.53 and that's when the issues started back up.
I had the same issue, after disconnecting WiFi, the charger wouldn't progress past the flashing blue LED. Contacting support, I learned that they've pulled 5.53 (even though it still shows in the portal as available). So ... I'm on 5.43 but was still having the no charging issue and they suggested this:

Leave charging cable plugged into the car. Power off the charger, wait some seconds, then power back on. This actually worked. Not sure I'm crazy about the idea, but it worked.

nor3bo

First Name
Jacques
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Prem 4X
Country flag
That sounds kinda scary, actually...

Honestly quite dissapointed in my Grizzl-e at the moment as my smart evse has really been a dumb box since November, and never really sure if my car will charge ?

jobrien360

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E Premium 4x
That sounds kinda scary, actually...

Honestly quite dissapointed in my Grizzl-e at the moment as my smart evse has really been a dumb box since November, and never really sure if my car will charge ?
I agree. I heard back from them again today and it looks like they are going to replace my unit (in a few weeks when parts are available). Hopefully this will fix the problem I'm having with it not charging. In the meantime, I'm going to use the Ford charger. I don't like the idea of the power cycling it to get it to charge.

OP
OP
unhandled

unhandled

First Name
Mathieu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD ER
Country flag
I received an email today from United Chargers with the procedure on how to switch to ChargeLab. Looks like that’s working so far (car was above target % already though).

Ford Mustang Mach-E Grizzl-E Smart - Charging Paused 433B472D-6ECC-4965-BB19-6A47C2105D10

nor3bo

First Name
Jacques
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Prem 4X
Country flag
I received an email today from United Chargers with the procedure on how to switch to ChargeLab. Looks like that’s working so far (car was above target % already though).

Ford Mustang Mach-E Grizzl-E Smart - Charging Paused 433B472D-6ECC-4965-BB19-6A47C2105D10
Are the instructions sharable, and were you expecting the email?

This is very interesting, and I truly hope it works much better after the switch ?

OP
OP
unhandled

unhandled

First Name
Mathieu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD ER
Country flag
Are the instructions sharable, and were you expecting the email?

This is very interesting, and I truly hope it works much better after the switch ?
I had asked to be on their test program for the switch to ChargeLab. I was hoping for a bit more in the app but I guess we’ll see. They were mentioning scheduling would come soon but I guess we don’t really care about that as that comes as a feature with the car.

I think for that procedure to work they have to add your charger in ChargeLab in their end. The procedure on my end is pretty much reconfigure wifi and select ChargeLab instead of United Charger.
Sponsored