Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E P4x, Ford F150
Country flag
Maybe check the troubleshooting section of:
https://grizzl-e.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/08/Grizzl-E_Smart_v10.3-1.pdf

Also found that the following manual was more helpful when I was trying to add the charger to their portal as that section in the EVSE manual was a bit light on details:

https://acharger.ca/uc_docs/user_manual_connection_guide.pdf

I'll try and reset the unit. I unplugged it a few times but didn't know there was a way to reset it with the dip switches. Fingers crossed ?
Sponsored

TRP

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E P4x, Ford F150
Country flag
I'll try and reset the unit. I unplugged it a few times but didn't know there was a way to reset it with the dip switches. Fingers crossed ?

The reset allowed me to enter my router SSID and password, it says we are complete and the light should change to Blue/Cyan

Nope.......still Blue/Purple

I have sent 2 emails to United Charger, waiting for a response. Tried to call and got no one to answer the phone there

ncaadam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E Premium Ext AWD
Country flag
I went to the latest firmware yesterday - got a charge fault today just testing it out. Wasn’t even in the schedule and faulted within 5 minutes of plugging in. However, re-plugged in and no fault since.

on another note - it seems the acharger.ca cert has expired. Has anyone tried to login to the portal recently?

Ford Mustang Mach-E Grizzl-e Smart 64AD5CC3-4855-4603-8A12-8EA256164156

ncaadam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I went to the latest firmware yesterday - got a charge fault today just testing it out. Wasn’t even in the schedule and faulted within 5 minutes of plugging in. However, re-plugged in and no fault since.
Last night, when it was scheduled to start charging, the charger faulted again…

ncaadam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Mine has faulted again since the power off/power on following the install of FW v5.47
Yup - I filed a tech ticket with them. Will update here if they respond.

ncaadam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
They just reached out to me via email. They want me to power cycle it and make sure it is online. They're going to look at the logs presumably. If anyone is available to test and is having this issue, feel free to DM me your email and I can add you to the chain.

TDAnthony

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium ER 4x
Country flag
They just reached out to me via email. They want me to power cycle it and make sure it is online. They're going to look at the logs presumably. If anyone is available to test and is having this issue, feel free to DM me your email and I can add you to the chain.
I did a breaker power cycle (as described in the manual) and it seemed to do the trick. Two successful nights of scheduled charging without faults.

TRP

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E P4x, Ford F150
Country flag
They reached out via email yesterday about mine not connecting to the internet, it charges the car just fine tho.

Well, I reset and tried to connect about a dozen times at their request with the same result.......still blinking Blue/purple

Felt like the definition of insanity, doing the same thing over and over expecting different results

We'll see what they want me to try today

ncaadam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Yesterday I did about 1.5 hours of testing for them. Trying different things. Of course, I couldn't recreate the charge fault while connected to the network.

What I found was that sometimes the chargers gets stuck in "preparing" mode (blinking blue light). This is what I could correlate with the charge fault occurring from the car. I'm not sure if this is the car creating the condition or the charger.

Most of the time, it worked as expected. I would plug in, it would blink blue for a few seconds, then go to blinking green (charging), then go to solid green (suspended). As I was out of my scheduled charging time. I tested "Charge to 100%" via the FP and then "Resume Schedule". All worked well, no faults. Charger logs looked as expected going from suspended to charging.

I also charged overnight last night, no problem. Thus, unsure if it is fully fixed. I power cycled and such, but, as mentioned, still was able to create the charge fault a couple of times.

Here is my full email to them:
OK - I just did a little over an hour of testing. Here is what I found. (You guys know all this, but bear with me)
  • Timestamps: From 3:28PM CST - 4:50PM CST - some decent logs there, but nothing capturing the fault activity. Maybe you guys have access to see something I don't.
  • I couldn't recreate the charging fault issue while connected to the network. Maybe this has something to do with it?
  • I have my car scheduler set to charge at 1AM. When the car's schedule is on and you plug it in, obviously it should go into the solid green, suspended state. A majority of the time when I was testing today, this happened. It would go blinking blue, blinking green, then solid green. I was even able to have the car start charging, it would start, then I could pause it, it would suspend, etc. You'll see that activity in the logs multiple times.
  • I did recreate the fault twice. I think it is correlated with the following activity. When you plug in the charger, there is a phase where it is blinking blue (maybe "preparing" phase on the portal? - vehicle detected in the manual). Sometimes, it seems to get stuck in a blinking blue phase. I couldn't figure out when or why this happened and I really couldn't recreate it. However, both times it happened, it seemed that the portal said the charger wasn't connected to the network. Each time I unplugged it, it would blink blue to cyan as if it was successfully connected.
  • There were a couple times where I would unplug the charger and the lights would indicate it is connected to the network (alternating blue & cyan), but the portal said "Not Connected". When this happened, I would just unplug the charger wait 10-15 seconds, then plug it back in. It would connect at that point every time.
To be clear, this is not a charger fault, it is the car saying the charger has a fault. It will not charge nor accept anything until it is unplugged and replugged back in.

I hope this helps. I'm not sure if it does, but figured I could just dump some information. Let me know if I can do more.

Wk217

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Mach-E 4X, '13 Ford C-Max, '15 Ford Flex
Country flag
Anyone play around with the Smart EVSE app?
It allows for setting the max current to 50A...
Needless to say I did not leave it on there for long, but can verify that indeed, the Grizzl-E Smart can output more than 40A.

Screenshot_20211002-125840.jpg

Screenshot_20211002-125551~2.jpg

ncaadam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
FYI Looks like the firmware version 5.51 is out. Not sure what are the changes.
They told me via email this should fix the charge fault issues MME users were newly experiencing

OP
OP
skuker

skuker

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium Extended
Country flag
I had to stop using mine recently the whole electrical path was heating up to about 110deg. Switched to the ford charger and no more heat issues.
Sponsored