Grizzl-e Smart

ncaadam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E Premium Ext AWD
Country flag
I had to stop using mine recently the whole electrical path was heating up to about 110deg. Switched to the ford charger and no more heat issues.
Have you tried running your Grizzl-E on 32A to see if the heat is consistent at that amperage?
Sponsored

OP
OP
skuker

skuker

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium Extended
Country flag
Have you tried running your Grizzl-E on 32A to see if the heat is consistent at that amperage?
I haven't if its heating up this much there is something wrong in the circuit. Lowering the amperage would just be making it easier to ignore.

I really want to like the thing its well built but I'm getting ready to just write it off.

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
I haven't if its heating up this much there is something wrong in the circuit. Lowering the amperage would just be making it easier to ignore.

I really want to like the thing its well built but I'm getting ready to just write it off.
My Ford mobile charger heated up the cord to more than that and that's just at 32A. I'm not sure a 110F cord is a big deal??

ncaadam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
My Ford mobile charger heated up the cord to more than that and that's just at 32A. I'm not sure a 110F cord is a big deal??
Yea, this was my point. If the Ford charger is also heating it up, what the big deal?

My suggestion around testing 32A on the Grizzl-E is to put it in the same conditions as the Ford charger and compare the two.

unhandled

First Name
Mathieu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD ER
Country flag
I had to stop using mine recently the whole electrical path was heating up to about 110deg. Switched to the ford charger and no more heat issues.
Maybe you want to change the dip switches to 32 amps from the factory default of 40 amps.

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
Have you reported this to their engineering department? I assume you're talking about the circuit board traces at 40A current load? They should be able to tell you if that's normal or not. 110ÂşF doesn't seem too bad for a circuit board, I probably wouldn't be too worried about that unless I live in Arizona. The relay is rated for up to 149ÂŞF so unless it's getting close to that I wouldn't worry.

OP
OP
skuker

skuker

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium Extended
Country flag
Have you reported this to their engineering department? I assume you're talking about the circuit board traces at 40A current load? They should be able to tell you if that's normal or not. 110ÂşF doesn't seem too bad for a circuit board, I probably wouldn't be too worried about that unless I live in Arizona. The relay is rated for up to 149ÂŞF so unless it's getting close to that I wouldn't worry.
I haven’t reached out yet but it’s the entire path from breaker panel to charge port. 110 is 40 above ambient. I would assume it was normal too if I hadn’t been using it for several months before it started.

TRP

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E P4x, Ford F150
Country flag
Reporting back on my experience with the Grizzl-E Smart.

It charges the car just fine. Will not connect to the internet tho. It has blinking blue/purple lights. I go through the steps in the manual and it just stays the same. I spent an afternoon with tech emailing back and forth and then they just ghosted me for about 10 days.

Today I sent another email complaining about that and asking for any info or what to do next. I get a reply that says they are having issues with the Smart charger and a short apology. Then get an email from the tech stating if it won't connect they can't trouble shoot it. Well no shit. Why did it take over 10 days and a complaining email for you to tell me that?

I feel at this time I'm gonna be better off just returning it and getting something else

ncaadam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Reporting back on my experience with the Grizzl-E Smart.

It charges the car just fine. Will not connect to the internet tho. It has blinking blue/purple lights. I go through the steps in the manual and it just stays the same. I spent an afternoon with tech emailing back and forth and then they just ghosted me for about 10 days.

Today I sent another email complaining about that and asking for any info or what to do next. I get a reply that says they are having issues with the Smart charger and a short apology. Then get an email from the tech stating if it won't connect they can't trouble shoot it. Well no shit. Why did it take over 10 days and a complaining email for you to tell me that?

I feel at this time I'm gonna be better off just returning it and getting something else
That sucks! what an annoying experience. Did they offer you the ability to return or replace it? If I remember their return policy is kind of strict.

One thing to check (if you read the manual, I’m sure your made sure to take this into consideration, but just in case!): make sure your wifi band is 2.4ghz - not 5ghz. Also, many dual- or tri-band routers have the option to have just one network and the router will manage which band you’re connected to. if this option is enabled on your router, the charger won’t work either.

I’ve had no real problems with mine regarding network connectivity. Maybe your network card is DOA, or something.

TRP

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E P4x, Ford F150
Country flag
That sucks! what an annoying experience. Did they offer you the ability to return or replace it? If I remember their return policy is kind of strict.

One thing to check (if you read the manual, I’m sure your made sure to take this into consideration, but just in case!): make sure your wifi band is 2.4ghz - not 5ghz. Also, many dual- or tri-band routers have the option to have just one network and the router will manage which band you’re connected to. if this option is enabled on your router, the charger won’t work either.

I’ve had no real problems with mine regarding network connectivity. Maybe your network card is DOA, or something.
They haven't offered anything yet. I sent an email saying either refund the difference between this and their dumb charger or send another unit that they have tested to work.

I have been through the steps in the manual several times, ensuring we are using the 2.4ghz side and it always appears to set up fine except for the lights not changing. The pop up message says it should be fine.

Here s a pic of the signal strength
Ford Mustang Mach-E Grizzl-e Smart IMG_2044.PNG

And here's the message I get after entering all the info
Ford Mustang Mach-E Grizzl-e Smart IMG_2045.PNG

It should work at that point, but ......no

TRP

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E P4x, Ford F150
Country flag
Well after trying a few more things Grizzl-E has decided to send me a new unit. Got a tracking number yesterday and will update when it arrives

TRP

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E P4x, Ford F150
Country flag
Well after trying a few more things Grizzl-E has decided to send me a new unit. Got a tracking number yesterday and will update when it arrives

It is due to arrive Monday. ?it works like it should
Sponsored