First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Tundra, Lexus RX350
Occupation
Firefighter
Hi All. I am in So Cal. We ordered a MME Select 2 weeks ago. Since then, we have decided we want the GT. Obviously too late to order one.

I found a local dealer that will be getting a MME GT in the color we want with the options we want in stock the first week of May.

They are asking $7500 over MSRP. I offered them $4k over, and they countered at $6K over. MSRP is 67,230. I asked about the MSRP price increases for next week, and they said this vehicle would NOT be impacted by it.

What would you do.......

I am planning to counter back at $5K and see what happens. Most of the other dealers are between $6K-$10K over.

Thanks!
Sponsored

OP
OP

fireman_pete

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Firefighter
with the 4K price increase its like paying $2K over I would take it. Or wait for the 2023 but on average 32 week wait.
I am also afraid if I waited for the 2023, the Federal Rebate might not be the full $7,500

4sallypat

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 MME delivered May '23 + '22 Lightning July '22
Occupation
Network Tech
Country flag
I'd get the GT at $5K over MSRP just to make sure.

Who knows how long your ordered car will arrive.

Remind the dealer that your incoming car can also be sold above MSRP so continue to negotiate!

OP
OP

fireman_pete

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Firefighter
I wanted provide a quick update for everyone on this possible deal.

I ended up passing on the deal. I was able to negotiate a mark-up of $5,700 which I was good with. However, then I discovered that they were also adding in more than $2500 of dealer add-ons that I did not want, and they refused to remove them.

I did find another dealer who has one MME GT on order (delivery Mid May) that would sell it for $3K over asking with NO dealer add-ons. Unfortunately, the exterior color is black, which is a no-go.

it is crazy how one dealer will sell for $3K over, and other dealers are asking for $10k+ over.

The hunt continues.......

Pete

4sallypat

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 MME delivered May '23 + '22 Lightning July '22
Occupation
Network Tech
Country flag
I wanted provide a quick update for everyone on this possible deal.

I ended up passing on the deal. I was able to negotiate a mark-up of $5,700 which I was good with. However, then I discovered that they were also adding in more than $2500 of dealer add-ons that I did not want, and they refused to remove them.

I did find another dealer who has one MME GT on order (delivery Mid May) that would sell it for $3K over asking with NO dealer add-ons. Unfortunately, the exterior color is black, which is a no-go.

it is crazy how one dealer will sell for $3K over, and other dealers are asking for $10k+ over.

The hunt continues.......

Pete
Yes, continue searching - you will find a dealer that won't mark up so much.
My MME dealer said he has some customer abandoned units arriving and are taking offers / bids on them.

I know what you mean about dark colored MME - I can't stand black because they get way too hot in the So Cal temps I live in.
Plus I don't like the black interior but no choice there...

I'd take any other light color.

My wife's MME is iced blue silver.

My just ordered F150 Lightning is also iced blue silver.

MachGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT Pre-order
Country flag
Do you have to pay sales tax on the markup?

Pidg133

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Select Rapid red & ordered 2022 GT Ice Blue
Country flag
If you're interested in a few of the usual dealer add ons you may be able to negotiate something where you do 4k over MSRP and add on 2k of add ons to at least get something for that money. This worked for us buying a Hyundai Palisade. We got 2 dealers (out of the 30+ I contacted) to do MSRP plus some dealer add ons.

Tngo23

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22-GTPE, Lexus GS350 F Sport, Porsche 911 SC
Occupation
Chilling
Country flag
I believe at this time.....ADM is the norm but to a certain point. Also if I wanted the GT so bad with all the options on my list....I would have taking it for the 5K ADM......It's unfortunate they added on some other BS to make more $$$$

I am in No. CA.....Try calling Folsom Lake Ford and ask for Salesman (Kentucky), he is a good straight up guy....I bought my GTPE from them with no ADM but obviously ordered last October 2021, Delivered 3/31/22.....

Here is their inventory as of today: 13 coming
https://www.folsomlakeford.com/new-inventory/index.htm?model=Mustang Mach-E

Best of luck

dmastro

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E Premium AWD (ordered), 2018 Tesla M3
Country flag
Unfortunately for me, none of those 13 are my order from 10/29.

Radman

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MachE GT
Country flag
Go for it. I paid 6k adm. it was the color and options I wanted. I absolutely love the car. Figure the $7500 tax credit will cover the difference. Good luck.

alangant

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME GTPE Rapid Red (ordered 10/22/21)
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Many folks with orders over the past year have made changes to their order, from color choice to version. I don't know if you have pursued this path. There may be a delay of your order in the queue, but who knows how that works.

dtbaker61

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
MME (delivered 2/26/21), DIY eMiata BEV
Occupation
Solar Sales/install
Country flag
Hi All. I am in So Cal. We ordered a MME Select 2 weeks ago. Since then, we have decided we want the GT. Obviously too late to order one.

I found a local dealer that will be getting a MME GT in the color we want with the options we want in stock the first week of May.

They are asking $7500 over MSRP. I offered them $4k over, and they countered at $6K over. MSRP is 67,230. I asked about the MSRP price increases for next week, and they said this vehicle would NOT be impacted by it.

What would you do.......

I am planning to counter back at $5K and see what happens. Most of the other dealers are between $6K-$10K over.

Thanks!
I would find a dealer that would sell for MSRP, order, and wait.
LOTS of dealers will sell for MSRP
Sponsored