GT on Icy roads

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-e GT, 2017 Raptor, Lightning (9/5 Build)
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Country flag
Took the wife's Mach-e GT out grocery shopping this morning on Icy roads and in freezing rain (light rain at 28F) and was extremely impressed at how well it managed the slushy and icy roads on the stock all season tires. Between the tires and traction control system (in Whisper) gave extremely confident handling. I slipped a little on an ice sheet in a parking lot, but any vehicle will do that. ABS system gave me enough control to steer slightly and avoid a curb.

Efficiency wasn't the best, but that is to be expected. It was a short drive at lower speeds (35 mph and below), but no preconditioning was done. Averaged 1.5 miles per kWhr with climate set to auto 2 at 68F. Seat and steering wheel heating on.
Sponsored

MABachE131

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT in DMG
Country flag
We've had some snow here recently. I was in a wide open area and tried to have a little fun... But it just gripped and behaved very well... Not fun, but safe, so great work Ford.

kindofblue

First Name
Reid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue Mach e Premium 11/5/22, '23 BMW i4 40
Occupation
Psychologist & developer of digital tools for alcohol misuse
Country flag
We've had some snow here recently. I was in a wide open area and tried to have a little fun... But it just gripped and behaved very well... Not fun, but safe, so great work Ford.
Maybe try deactivating traction control next time (for the fun of donut holes in the snow)?

Mopey

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 MME GTPE, 22 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
If it is a GT-PE, do not trying driving on ice and snow with the stock tires. There is a good reason why the GTPE has this warning on the right side of the driver's door frame:

Ford Mustang Mach-E GT on Icy roads Warnin

MABachE131

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT in DMG
Country flag
If it is a GT-PE, do not trying driving on ice and snow with the stock tires. There is a good reason why the GTPE has this warning on the right side of the driver's door frame:

Ford Mustang Mach-E GT on Icy roads Warnin
GT, not GTPE. I have all season tires.