GT ordering process- unable to configure options

Thadeal23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 328Xi, Toyota 4Runner, Mach E GT on order
Country flag
Not sure if this has been mentioned anywhere and I'm sure I will be made aware but anyway- Went to dealership to convert reservation for GT on 4/28, order was processed but dealer still has not been able to configure the options that I want. I got my $500 back and received order confirmation email but I'm a bit uneasy that I haven't had the opportunity to configure it. Dealer says black roof option isn't available in his order screen? Since they have yet to configure it they haven't asked for the dealer deposit but am I ever going to be able to change the options? Don't want to lose my place in line and getting a little worried here ?
Sponsored

OP
OP

Thadeal23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Mine actually says the same thing when I log in but I never got a printout from the dealer... they weren’t able to configure my car in their systems.

OP
OP

Thadeal23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
GT non- performance, dark matter metallic Gray, black painted roof, interior protection package, co pilot 360 active 2.0 with 360 degree camera.

Davedough

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GTPE , Explorer ST
Occupation
Federal IT Sales Engineer
Country flag
I did all my optioning over the phone with my dealer, but my profile still says "Contact Dealer" and doesn't show me anything else, so there's some weird disconnect between how the orders are processed and what shows on the web

OP
OP

Thadeal23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
They simply said that their ordering system won't allow them to add the painted black roof but it will allow the other options. It was their first time converting a reservation to an order so there was definitely some confusion. Hoping to get a follow up call from them today!

Sitdown

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
17 Raptor | 15 SS | 86 SVO | 65 350R Resto | GTPE
Country flag
We had to wait until the day after converting the order to make changes on mine, may be the case for you too. Plenty of time to get it resolved. The GTPE does use a separate body code, so if still unable to change to the black roof in a few days, it might be in the system under the Perf Edition. As 69Mach390 mentions, it forces the pano roof.

After they make the changes, they should be able to email you the Order Summary that has the order code matching the 4 digit # in your ford confirmation email
Sponsored

Last edited: