Ordering Process

TGIF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘18 Pacifica PHEV, ‘22 RR Premium 4X
Country flag
I've ordered several Ford cars via a dealership in the past and never got anything directly from Ford. All communication came via the dealer. Not sure if the Mach-E is different in that regard, but I would assume things work differently based on whether you placed your order via Ford.com or a Ford Dealer.
I ordered my MME directly from the dealer. I have not received any communications from Ford. I haven’t received much from the dealer, either, but they answer my inquiries promptly. I did get a scanned copy of my order form to verify the order was correct.
Sponsored

OP
OP
chimpster23

chimpster23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 BLK GT ER-AWD / 04 Toyota Camry
Country flag
Tracking & authorization number ?
From the dealer ?

I just placed mine online and got an instant email from Ford.

Checked my Ford.com online account same day and it showed I am in the for a 2022 MME along with my year long wait for the F150 Lightning which will be a 2023 MY:
Yup - I got all this information from my dealer, but I don't see the reservations like you do on my ford account.

4sallypat

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 MME delivered May '23 + '22 Lightning July '22
Occupation
Network Tech
Country flag
Yup - I got all this information from my dealer, but I don't see the reservations like you do on my ford account.
Can you create a Ford account online and then transfer the dealer order into it ?

It sure would cut down on your headaches waiting for your dealer to update you.
Considering how long my dealer takes to get back to me via phone, text or email, I am glad I have access to both EV status 24/7.

I like to see the status anytime by looking for the "checkmarks" from Ford showing the progress of my order:
Ford Mustang Mach-E Ordering Process Screen Shot 2022-04-11 at 6.59.41 AM

OP
OP
chimpster23

chimpster23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I have a created a ford account well in advance, but based on prior messages from others I don't think there is a way to connect or transfer the dealer order information into this. If there is I would love to learn how, but I don't know who to contact to get this done.

OP
OP
chimpster23

chimpster23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Hi all - I have been away for a couple of months...just wanted to check in if there is any realistic idea of when I should expect anything.

My issue is that i ordered via the dealer in April and not a self reservation online so I am just completely in the dark.

Has anyone else gone through a similar process where they are not able to track the order status?

I have tried to contact the dealer earlier this week but no response so far.

Is there anything I should be keeping my eyes on during this time or just wait it out as usual?

dmastro

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E Premium AWD (ordered), 2018 Tesla M3
Country flag
I ordered through my dealer. I have a long relationship with them and feel like I receive better service working directly through them. I received order confirmation from my dealer same day, and from Ford via email the next day. Occasionally I receive email updates from Ford on the same frequency as everyone else.

Comments here regarding lack of visibility in the system for dealer orders are accurate. But to be honest, there really isn't anything meaningful to see until your order is scheduled for production.

With the Sales Code and Order Code from your order sheet, Ford Chat can look up status of your order. Once your VIN is assigned (in which case you will receive an email update from Ford on your status change), you can use the order tracking site to follow production and shipping steps.

So really, unless you have a burning desire to pull up the website and see "ordered" status for several months, there isn't much advantage or disadvantage to either process.
Sponsored