MyLittlePony2022

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 "Mach-E Auto" GTPE, Cyber Orange
Country flag
I have been looking on the forum for a thread that helps me order the MME. I found some bits and bob but nothing in one place. I sure there are some new buyers who could benefit from the forum collective advise. I will be pulling the trigger for the 2022 GT PE in late September. Started the process of getting the X-plan pin.

Is there a thread that guides me and provides tips for ordering. For instance is it better to order on line and then go to the dealership or just go to the dealership? Assuming the normal is online, what are the next steps when I do purchase on line? Any and all help is welcome.
Sponsored

DanHo

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 MME RR 4x & 17 Toyota Tundra
Country flag
I have been looking on the forum for a thread that helps me order the MME. I found some bits and bob but nothing in one place. I sure there are some new buyers who could benefit from the forum collective advise. I will be pulling the trigger for the 2022 GT PE in late September. Started the process of getting the X-plan pin.

Is there a thread that guides me and provides tips for ordering. For instance is it better to order on line and then go to the dealership or just go to the dealership? Assuming the normal is online, what are the next steps when I do purchase on line? Any and all help is welcome.
If you want some extra, but minor, visibility into your order, order it online. That said, I would make sure you contact dealers and make sure they don't have ADM and accept X-plan (not all dealers participate). Double check here and online that the dealer isn't a major f'up (Sunnyvale Ford in CA instantly comes to mind). You'll be required to select a dealer when ordering and you want your ducks in a row. Once you've ordered and paid your $500 deposit the dealer of your choice has to accept the order. They may need to be prodded. Once that happens your in for quite a wait. You can then visit this thread: https://www.macheforum.com/site/thr...otten-their-mach-es-yet-to-be-grumpy-in.3145/ and post away! :D

oadesign

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Website
oaddesign.com
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E Premium Extended Range RWD
Occupation
Interactive Design Director
Country flag

You can only order the MME online. I visited my dealer first, took one for a test drive, then spoke with him about ordering. I placed my order, emailed him that I had done so, and he accepted it from the dealer side.
I’d ask if they accept X-plan first, however, since they don’t have to accept it.

OH2AZ2OH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E 4X
Country flag
If you order yourself online, you get more information from directly from Ford, like build date, ship date, and estimated delivery. But, that's basically it, don't expect a weekly or even a monthly update on your order. If you have the dealer order, the dealer gets that information and you will have to rely on them to pass that on to you. I recommend talking to your dealership before ordering though. You should verify that they don't charge a markup on customer ordered vehicles and that they accept X-Plan, as not all do. Note that until your build date is assigned, it is possible to make changes to your order, but the dealer has to do that. The VIN gets assigned when it gets a build date, and no changes are possible at that point.

OH2AZ2OH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E 4X
Country flag
You can only order the MME online. I visited my dealer first, took one for a test drive, then spoke with him about ordering. I placed my order, emailed him that I had done so, and he accepted it from the dealer side.
I’d ask if they accept X-plan first, however, since they don’t have to accept it.
Ninja'd!

CompilerBreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT
Country flag
I think unfortunately with the variation in dealers, there's not a comprehensive guide. From what I read on here this is what I did:

1) Started emailing local dealers (and not local, more on that in a second...) to verify that they accepted the X-Plan pricing, that they were able to take orders, etc.
2) I also contacted some non-local dealers with lower sales tax rates, here in WA that made a difference (> $1000!) , and for a vehicle at msrp, I wanted any "deal" I could get.
3) Once you've found/had contact with a dealer you like (and that's subjective), I ordered online with that dealer selected, then sent the online confirmation to the sales manager to convert on their end.
4) Wait (I'm still on this stage for my GT)
5) As you're approaching delivery keep in touch with your sales person about trade in, financing, etc, and get as much of that settled before you head there.
5) Go pick up your car! And hopefully no dealer shenanigans when you get there, double check all the paperwork.

DanHo

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
You can only order the MME online.
Not true unless it's changed. I had that option when I ordered mine at the end of Feb. The dealer should be able to do it right there in the showroom.

OP
OP
MyLittlePony2022

MyLittlePony2022

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 "Mach-E Auto" GTPE, Cyber Orange
Country flag
If you want some extra, but minor, visibility into your order, order it online. That said, I would make sure you contact dealers and make sure they don't have ADM and accept X-plan (not all dealers participate). Double check here and online that the dealer isn't a major f'up (Sunnyvale Ford in CA instantly comes to mind). You'll be required to select a dealer when ordering and you want your ducks in a row. Once you've ordered and paid your $500 deposit the dealer of your choice has to accept the order. They may need to be prodded. Once that happens your in for quite a wait. You can then visit this thread: https://www.macheforum.com/site/thr...otten-their-mach-es-yet-to-be-grumpy-in.3145/ and post away! :D
Thanks for the great input from everyone. I especially like the fact that Dan instantly came up Sunnyvale Ford as the place to not purchase. I will shout that out from the mountain tops too. Bad service experience with them, in fact so bad I sent a note to their customer service and to Ford. Do you think they responded to try to fix the problem, understand the issue or even apologies to try to get me back...nope....nothing... not at all. I just let my money to do the talking.

DanHo

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Thanks for the great input from everyone. I especially like the fact that Dan instantly came up Sunnyvale Ford as the place to not purchase. I will shout that out from the mountain tops too. Bad service experience with them, in fact so bad I sent a note to their customer service and to Ford. Do you think they responded to try to fix the problem, understand the issue or even apologies to try to get me back...nope....nothing... not at all. I just let my money to do the talking.
And the crazy thing about it, it's not from personal experience but from the multiple thread I've seen posted here about them.
Sponsored