GT PPF

SnowBunnE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Y
Country flag
Those of you that have got PPF on your GT, What brand did you use and what was the cost?

X-pel as an example doesn't have the templates yet and I got a quote of $8,000 for full car X-pel which seems high.
Philly Area. $3000 for front (and doors) PPF and Ceramic
Sponsored

Benny’66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1966 Mustang, 2021 Mach E GTPE
Occupation
Plant Manager
Country flag
First quote in Upstate NY area, GTPE: $2,499 for full front with full fenders, full hood, A pillar, mirrors, piano black under door panels, door jams with lifetime PPF. $1,999 3 layers with rims for ceramic 10 year no touch warranty. Waiting on a second quote and the dealer quote.

moparguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT, Miata, Mach E Select, Fusion
Country flag
anyone ever ordered from this place as they are the only place ive found with GT Templates:

https://precutppf.store/product/2021-ford-mustang-mach-e-gt-paint-protection-kit-full-wrap-vehicle/

I am looking at those right now, https://precutppf.store/product/202...gt-precut-paint-protection-kit-partial-front/
partial front kit is what I am interested in, I may go full hood, depends, did you use it?
I refuse to pay adm on my cars and refuse to pay rip off prices for ppf so going to do it myself, wasn't sure of what's the difference if any between the 3m, suntek and 8mil

OP
OP

spanky99L

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Infiniti Q50, F250, 2000 Lightning
Occupation
I Blow Stuff Up
Country flag
I am looking at those right now, https://precutppf.store/product/202...gt-precut-paint-protection-kit-partial-front/
partial front kit is what I am interested in, I may go full hood, depends, did you use it?
I refuse to pay adm on my cars and refuse to pay rip off prices for ppf so going to do it myself, wasn't sure of what's the difference if any between the 3m, suntek and 8mil
See post 22 and 25 on page 2.

I did the whole car in the SunTek Reaction film (SunTek-R - film with ceramic coating built into the film).

jonkMACHE

First Name
JK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME 4X
Considering that used MMEs are going for $60k right now, it is not a ripoff if you consider the resell value of retaining that factory paint job.

You could probably do ceramic yourself, but I would not recommend PPFing a MME if you've never done it before. Google pics of bad PPF jobs and you'll see what I'm talking about. Your car will look stupid.

The MME in particular has some really difficult curves on the "grill" area that will require an experienced person to make proper cuts for it to fit.

Last edited:

connoisseurr

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Rivian R1T, 23 Tesla MYP
Occupation
IT Engineering
Country flag
@spanky99L thanks for the info on your previous posts and great job on install.

I have a question about the door Precut PPF Store kits... does it cover only the painted portion of the door, or does it cover the full door and piano black rocker area as well? And does it install over/around the door badges; and if yes, does is it precut around the door badges? I hope not. I plan on removing the badges.

I'm interested in SunTek Reaction.

OP
OP

spanky99L

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
I Blow Stuff Up
Country flag
@spanky99L thanks for the info on your previous posts and great job on install.

I have a question about the door Precut PPF Store kits... does it cover only the painted portion of the door, or does it cover the full door and piano black rocker area as well? And does it install over/around the door badges; and if yes, does is it precut around the door badges? I hope not. I plan on removing the badges.

I'm interested in SunTek Reaction.
Covers the painted portion. The black portions are seperate pieces that are included as well.

The badges are cut out from the film. They may be able to not cut them out though.

Attached is the full panel kit that they sent me.

fullsizeoutput_b1d.jpeg

connoisseurr

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT Engineering
Country flag
Sweet, thank you. I'm having a shop do SunTek Reaction installation for a full front clip installation, $1500, can't beat it because I'm sure I'll mess up something on the front end... However want to do the doors myself because that's one of the easiest panels to handle myself.

Did you opt for any edge wrapping, and if yes, can you snap a few photos of how much was wrapped?

SWO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E GT, 2021 Escape PHEV, 2019 F-150
Country flag
First, i cannot recommend precutppfstore.com enough.

Attached is everything I used. 2 separate spray bottles one labeled "slip" and the other "IPA." The slip solution I mixed was 48 oz of distilled water and 8 drops of J&J Baby Shampoo. For the IPA/Tack solution, I mixed 8:2 distilled water and 70% IPA. I tried 9:1 but didnt get the tack i was looking for.

For the squeegees, i highly recommend the Fusion Hornet. I got a set from Tintdepot.com which came with .5", 2", 4" and 6". I don't think i used the 6" as i felt I had more control with the 4" in larger areas (doors, hood).

Best advice is take your time and do the flat surfaces first (B-Pillars are great for getting the hang of the process). The more advanced areas will be the bumpers and the hood as you have to "stretch" the film. I used the Suntek Reaction and was impressed with the thickness, holding power when trying to stretch and how strong it really is (i was really pulling hard at times especially on the front bumper).

Also, plan on having 2 people (at least) for a few pieces. The bumpers, hood and the "rear fender" pieces are quite large. Make sure you clean the area thoroughly too. Whenever I started an area, first thing i would do is clean with a quick detailer and a microfiber towel. Then spray with the slip solution. There is no such thing as too much slip solution. Also, i would spray the "tack" side of the film as I peeled it off the backing material. I would then line up 2 "fixed points" and then work the film from there. As an example, the piece on the bottom of the rear hatch has 2 cutouts for the threaded areas for the license plate. I would line those up, squeegee out the slip solution and that would be enough to be able to "pull" around the areas needed. The film would hold as long as the slip solution was squeegeed out. If you need some "assistance" that is what the IPA is for. Spray a little IPA solution and it will "dissipate" the slip solution and provide a quicker "tack." Also, i noticed if I sprayed the "outside" of the film where you run the squeegee across, it really helped "glide" the squeegee over the film vs it dry.

I just finished the whole car with the Suntek Reaction film. There were easilly over 50 individual pieces. Some small and some large (see attachment). Also, some pieces were left out and they are sending me the pieces as we speak. In all, it took me 2 long weekends plus 3-4 hours per day through the week to complete all the install.

Ford Mustang Mach-E GT PPF fullsizeoutput_b1d
Ford Mustang Mach-E GT PPF fullsizeoutput_b1d
Interesting, thanks. I noticed you didn't mention using a heat gun, but I imagine you had to use one?

OP
OP

spanky99L

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
I Blow Stuff Up
Country flag
Sweet, thank you. I'm having a shop do SunTek Reaction installation for a full front clip installation, $1500, can't beat it because I'm sure I'll mess up something on the front end... However want to do the doors myself because that's one of the easiest panels to handle myself.

Did you opt for any edge wrapping, and if yes, can you snap a few photos of how much was wrapped?
yes. the edge wrapping was around .5 inch for the doors

connoisseurr

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT Engineering
Country flag
OP
OP

spanky99L

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
I Blow Stuff Up
Country flag
Interesting, thanks. I noticed you didn't mention using a heat gun, but I imagine you had to use one?
nope. I was installing, not removing. i was impressed with the suntek's ability to grab and stretch. I was able to "stretch" the film around the compound curves.

SWO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E GT, 2021 Escape PHEV, 2019 F-150
Country flag
nope. I was installing, not removing. i was impressed with the suntek's ability to grab and stretch. I was able to "stretch" the film around the compound curves.
Okay, interesting. I've done tint before but not PPF. I assumed it had to be "shunk" as you do with tint for convex surfaces.

OP
OP

spanky99L

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
I Blow Stuff Up
Country flag
Okay, interesting. I've done tint before but not PPF. I assumed it had to be "shunk" as you do with tint for convex surfaces.
I noticed heat really didnt do much to the film I used. Maybe for other films this may be the case...

connoisseurr

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT Engineering
Country flag
While I don't see it on the cutsheet, did you get any PPF for the piano black door / window pillars?
Sponsored