benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
According to precutpff, xpel only has the bumpers. 3M has whole car.
Its possible what they sell for DIY and what dealers have access to is different. They actually got my GT done a day faster so I doubt they had to hand cut it.
Sponsored

OP
OP

spanky99L

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Infiniti Q50, F250, 2000 Lightning
Occupation
I Blow Stuff Up
Country flag
Its possible what they sell for DIY and what dealers have access to is different. They actually got my GT done a day faster so I doubt they had to hand cut it.
They are a dealer for 3M, x-pel and suntek. They sent me photos of the install they did using the 3M templates on a GTPE.

You would be surprised what an experienced person can do. Especially on large areas bulk is easier...

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
They are a dealer for 3M, x-pel and suntek. They sent me photos of the install they did using the 3M templates on a GTPE.

You would be surprised what an experienced person can do. Especially on large areas bulk is easier...
It is possible they hand cut it, but they didn't mention it at all. I even asked initially if they could do a GT, and they "checked" and said no problem.

Scooby24

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME-GT Star White; '22 MME Prem AWD DGM
Occupation
Perioperative Revenue Manager
Country flag
I wasn't going to do it on my FE when I first got it. It sounded nice, but didn't want to spend the money on it. Then you realize just how easily this paint gets rock chips in it.

I dropped my GT off with 500 miles on it to get done, and it already had a rock chip in the hood. My FE had 2000 miles on it when I got it done, and it had like 8 chips in it already.

It is more noticeable on the grabber blue though. When it chips off you see white underneath it.

IMG_20211108_160626.jpg
It's sucks they chip real easy but that's the trade off for waterborne paint that is harder.

Fwiw I could dab a blob of paint in there, wt sand and polish it down in about 30 min time and you wouldn't even know it was ever there.

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
Fwiw I could dab a blob of paint in there, wt sand and polish it down in about 30 min time and you wouldn't even know it was ever there.
That is going to be the difference between someone that wants this product, and someone that doesn't. You have the tools and skills to do that, and sounds like you might enjoy it as well. I probably could do that too, but That isn't something I want to do. Very much a personal preference thing.

SPMonkey69

First Name
Lane Bird
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E GT
Occupation
Marketing
Country flag
According to precutpff, xpel only has the bumpers. 3M has whole car.
Tnx for clarification, i went ahead and purchased full Mach e GT kit from precutppf.store , any advice you can share with me on the install will be great.

OP
OP

spanky99L

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
I Blow Stuff Up
Country flag
Tnx for clarification, i went ahead and purchased full Mach e GT kit from precutppf.store , any advice you can share with me on the install will be great.
First, i cannot recommend precutppfstore.com enough.

Attached is everything I used. 2 separate spray bottles one labeled "slip" and the other "IPA." The slip solution I mixed was 48 oz of distilled water and 8 drops of J&J Baby Shampoo. For the IPA/Tack solution, I mixed 8:2 distilled water and 70% IPA. I tried 9:1 but didnt get the tack i was looking for.

For the squeegees, i highly recommend the Fusion Hornet. I got a set from Tintdepot.com which came with .5", 2", 4" and 6". I don't think i used the 6" as i felt I had more control with the 4" in larger areas (doors, hood).

Best advice is take your time and do the flat surfaces first (B-Pillars are great for getting the hang of the process). The more advanced areas will be the bumpers and the hood as you have to "stretch" the film. I used the Suntek Reaction and was impressed with the thickness, holding power when trying to stretch and how strong it really is (i was really pulling hard at times especially on the front bumper).

Also, plan on having 2 people (at least) for a few pieces. The bumpers, hood and the "rear fender" pieces are quite large. Make sure you clean the area thoroughly too. Whenever I started an area, first thing i would do is clean with a quick detailer and a microfiber towel. Then spray with the slip solution. There is no such thing as too much slip solution. Also, i would spray the "tack" side of the film as I peeled it off the backing material. I would then line up 2 "fixed points" and then work the film from there. As an example, the piece on the bottom of the rear hatch has 2 cutouts for the threaded areas for the license plate. I would line those up, squeegee out the slip solution and that would be enough to be able to "pull" around the areas needed. The film would hold as long as the slip solution was squeegeed out. If you need some "assistance" that is what the IPA is for. Spray a little IPA solution and it will "dissipate" the slip solution and provide a quicker "tack." Also, i noticed if I sprayed the "outside" of the film where you run the squeegee across, it really helped "glide" the squeegee over the film vs it dry.

I just finished the whole car with the Suntek Reaction film. There were easilly over 50 individual pieces. Some small and some large (see attachment). Also, some pieces were left out and they are sending me the pieces as we speak. In all, it took me 2 long weekends plus 3-4 hours per day through the week to complete all the install.

Ford Mustang Mach-E GT PPF IMG_4687.JPG
Ford Mustang Mach-E GT PPF fullsizeoutput_b1d

MyLittlePony2022

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 "Mach-E Auto" GTPE, Cyber Orange
Country flag
Those of you that have got PPF on your GT, What brand did you use and what was the cost?

X-pel as an example doesn't have the templates yet and I got a quote of $8,000 for full car X-pel which seems high.
I am still looking here in the SF Bay Area. These prices are going to be higher than most areas. XPEL for just the front end is $2200 and STEK is $2500. PPF for a full car it is $6800 to $7000. Ceramic coating is running $1000 to $1500 depending upon how many coats are applied and the warranty.

I think it is a balancing act between finding someone who is very low and will do a bad job and someone is clearly ripping you off. I have been lucky that several people in my area have provided input on some of our local installers.

OP
OP

spanky99L

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
I Blow Stuff Up
Country flag
I am still looking here in the SF Bay Area. These prices are going to be higher than most areas. XPEL for just the front end is $2200 and STEK is $2500. PPF for a full car it is $6800 to $7000. Ceramic coating is running $1000 to $1500 depending upon how many coats are applied and the warranty.

I think it is a balancing act between finding someone who is very low and will do a bad job and someone is clearly ripping you off. I have been lucky that several people in my area have provided input on some of our local installers.
I got multiple quotes for $8K for only whole car PPF here in AZ.

OP
OP

spanky99L

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
I Blow Stuff Up
Country flag
Final Product:

IMG_3169.jpeg

IMG_3170.jpeg

Maurice

First Name
Maurice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Waiting on Mach-E GT
Country flag
Insanity. I'm more OCD than your average guy but I can accept touching up some rock chips over that sort of cost. The rest of the body does not need PPF. If you do anything just do the black plastic since it scratches and swirls easily

Maurice

First Name
Maurice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Waiting on Mach-E GT
Country flag
Where did you buy the strips for black plastic?

Scooby24

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME-GT Star White; '22 MME Prem AWD DGM
Occupation
Perioperative Revenue Manager
Country flag
Where did you buy the strips for black plastic?
I didn't...I used to be a part time professional detailer so I have the tools to repair any damage that occurs within reason. For the cost of PPF those black plastic trim pieces could probably be straight up replaced.

Maurice

First Name
Maurice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Waiting on Mach-E GT
Country flag
I didn't...I used to be a part time professional detailer so I have the tools to repair any damage that occurs within reason. For the cost of PPF those black plastic trim pieces could probably be straight up replaced.
Thanks for that.

WJKramer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT
Country flag
Just got mine done professionally. Over and under the XPEL PPF with ceramic. Only shop I've heard of doing that and many satisfied clients I talked to. Happy with the results. My car was by far the cheapest in the shop though lol.
Ford Mustang Mach-E GT PPF IMG_0851
Sponsored