GT specs back up on ford site

buzznwood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
focus st & GTPE
Country flag
Just an FYI the specs for the GT model are now back in the compare section on the ford site, also there is a cgi model of the cyber orange GT as the animation.

A few things of note is the that performance edition just appears to have more torque, 634lbs vs 600lbs and less range 235 vs 250, the 360 camera is optional, as is the roof plus one seat type and the wheels, it also has the rear cargo cover as an optional WTF ford 60k and cargo cover is an option?

Won't pass judgement yet as who knows how the options are bundled but gut feeling is with the original announced GT base price to be competitive it probably need a reduction similar to the rest of the range.
Sponsored

mark360

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 AWD(OLD), Ford Raptor
Occupation
Manufacturing
Country flag
This is very disappointing to see. F can not let the GT have that big of a range loss. I don't understand the price premium either, why does it get $10,000 more expensive if the only real difference is slightly bigger motors and brakes? But they are taking away features with the GT such as 360 camera?

Come on F, don't drop the ball. I was hoping for a range boost with the GT seeing if they could target 270+ mile real world range, they would have a success. It's still early and I don't think it is a deal killer, but F should be putting everything on the line making sure this first iteration is perfect.

They will have a hard time being successful competing with a Tesla Model Y performance with these kind of numbers and specs.

I do think currently the best value for performance is the AWD premium. Why pay such a high premium for much worst specs and features, to just go 0-60 a little faster?

Mach Dad

First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid, 2014 Ford Explorer
Occupation
Consultant
Country flag
A lot of what is shown hasn't changed much. They do have more detail with some of the features. No price change as of yet, and nothing added as standard that wasn't before. I was hoping if they didn't change the price it would be because they added more features as standard.

I will be interested in what the Panoramic roof and upgraded wheels will be priced at.

Davedough

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GTPE , Explorer ST
Occupation
Federal IT Sales Engineer
Country flag
I have a GT reserved. Personally, I think the standard 3.5 0-60 is plenty for me. $10k is too much for a slight bump in torque and WAY too much for yet another hit to range. I was already a little bummed at 250. The only options I actually care about are the pano roof and the wheels that they showed in the demo. I hope those aren't stupid expensive to add on because I'm already at the top of the budget that my accountant wife is comfortable with.

Rabidsquirrel22

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Camaro SS, 2021 GTPE
Country flag
This is very disappointing to see. F can not let the GT have that big of a range loss. I don't understand the price premium either, why does it get $10,000 more expensive if the only real difference is slightly bigger motors and brakes? But they are taking away features with the GT such as 360 camera?

Come on F, don't drop the ball. I was hoping for a range boost with the GT seeing if they could target 270+ mile real world range, they would have a success. It's still early and I don't think it is a deal killer, but F should be putting everything on the line making sure this first iteration is perfect.

They will have a hard time being successful competing with a Tesla Model Y performance with these kind of numbers and specs.

I do think currently the best value for performance is the AWD premium. Why pay such a high premium for much worst specs and features, to just go 0-60 a little faster?
100% agree. For that price over the premium, the 360 degree camera and prep package should be standard. Make the panoramic roof optional if you really want to pinch pennies.

agoldman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT Cyber Orange
Country flag
I have a GT reserved. Personally, I think the standard 3.5 0-60 is plenty for me. $10k is too much for a slight bump in torque and WAY too much for yet another hit to range. I was already a little bummed at 250. The only options I actually care about are the pano roof and the wheels that they showed in the demo. I hope those aren't stupid expensive to add on because I'm already at the top of the budget that my accountant wife is comfortable with.
Not sure the performance wheels will be an option for the normal GT. Is that listed anywhere yet?

Davedough

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GTPE , Explorer ST
Occupation
Federal IT Sales Engineer
Country flag
Not sure the performance wheels will be an option for the normal GT. Is that listed anywhere yet?
I haven't seen it, no. I really hope its separate and not part of the PP package. I won't be opting for $10k more just because I want better wheels

OP
OP

buzznwood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
focus st & GTPE
Country flag
Specs can easily change but with something back up on the site I assume some more info will appear soon either that or it just going through the motions keeping in line with the original late december order time frame that has since been moved to next year.

Paper specs are just that and wont tell how well it will drive, but they are what unfortunately a lot of potential customers will use as an initial comparison as a yeh or neh before even thinking of doing a test drive. The original specs compared to the model Y where lukewarm at best, a lot less range, lower top speed, with only similar 0-60, range can easily be forgiven if the performance is there (taycan).

Still one of those will just have to wait and see.

agoldman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT Cyber Orange
Country flag
I wonder what exactly makes 230 vs 270 range. Driving style, car's overhead? Would it be reasonable to assume that when you drive the GT in normal mode, similar to the driving style of a Premium AWD, the range would be much closer to the AWD EXT cars? How is Tesla getting so much more range out of it's Performance model? It's not magic.. I don't really get it.

Stacey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MB M class
Occupation
Data Analyst
Country flag
I’d have to see how it performs for that price. If the PE package is $$$ , I’d rather have a Shelby GT350, or buy a Y Performance. As is those specs suck and knowing Tesla they’ll push an update to make the Y faster before this even touches customers.

Stacey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MB M class
Occupation
Data Analyst
Country flag
I wonder what exactly makes 230 vs 270 range. Driving style, car's overhead? Would it be reasonable to assume that when you drive the GT in normal mode, similar to the driving style of a Premium AWD, the range would be much closer to the AWD EXT cars? How is Tesla getting so much more range out of it's Performance model? It's not magic.. I don't really get it.
20s and more aggressive summer tires

TheVirtualTim

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition, Escape Hybrid
Country flag

ab13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rav4 Hybrid
Country flag
I’d have to see how it performs for that price. If the PE package is $$$ , I’d rather have a Shelby GT350, or buy a Y Performance. As is those specs suck and knowing Tesla they’ll push an update to make the Y faster before this even touches customers.
I would say the biggest difference to the Y is the Magneride suspension. That will make closed course or "enthusiast" driving better but allow for a touring mode for everyday comfort driving.

Stacey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MB M class
Occupation
Data Analyst
Country flag
I would say the biggest difference to the Y is the Magneride suspension. That will make closed course or "enthusiast" driving better but allow for a touring mode for everyday comfort driving.
We’ll see. Tesla tends to move pretty fast when competitors are involved, and it’s possible that Ford could do something crazy like add drift mode like they did for the Focus RS. It’s almost guaranteed that Tesla will add range on the Y Performance or increase 0-60 performance before this launches

Honestly what Ford should do is delay the GT till 2022, drop the price of the GT to the First Edition, and price the PE to where the GT is priced now. Drop the 20s for 19s, lower it another inch and maybe implement some smart plastics to buy some range back.

But like I said I’m mixed. I like the MME better , but the Y has a very undeniable advantage, and unlike the Taycan they don’t have much of a reputation/badge to sell on.
Sponsored