Has anyone not received their OTA update?

Plutoman15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Excursion, Expedition
Country flag
First OTA came in this afternoon. Took delivery exactly four weeks ago today (4/7).
Same here. Just saw my first since delivery April 7.

Only thing I think I have noticed is my sound settings seemed to be correct without having to switch users and then back to my profile to get them correct. Only drove once so far but hoping that bug is now fixed.
Sponsored

frumple

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium AWD
Country flag
I purchased my Order (AWD Premium) on 4/5/21 and I just got my first OTA (I believe it is OTA #2) last night (5/5/21). I believe OTA #1 was already installed when I drove it away from dealer.

kennelh

First Name
Louise and Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
J1 '21 Premium Ex RWD (Rapid Red)
Country flag
I purchased my Order (AWD Premium) on 4/5/21 and I just got my first OTA (I believe it is OTA #2) last night (5/5/21). I believe OTA #1 was already installed when I drove it away from dealer.
You can check which updates you've received by following these instructions.

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
+1. Evidently it was attempted on April first but it errored out according to @breeves002

" it appeared to get stuck on “Update VIL Generation”. VIL = “Update Vehicle Interrogator Creation Substep”. "​
Lol join the club!

Ixoye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB FE Mach e, ‘16 fusion energi, ‘14 Focus EV
Country flag
Lol join the club!
I called Ford to see what it was going to take to make it successfully take the update. they told me the first two were really just tests of the update system and no real fixes/features has been sent yet. I asked her how they know when the update is important that mine will work properly if I can't get one of the first two. She didn't have much of an answer for that one. She also mentioned that if need be the "engineers" can send the update again to the car. My understanding of update systems is that it downloads first to the car and then tries to do the update automatically, or on demand depending how you have it setup. So is the update not just sitting on my cars SSD/M.2 waiting to successfully be deployed? Why would it require the update to be sent out again for me to get it?

Oh well, I guess I will wait until the big update happens and I don't get it before they will do anything about it.

RonTCat

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E wannabuy
Country flag
At this point, there are certain parameters around when an OTA will be applied, such as whether the vehicle is currently charging, the state of the 12V battery, etc. Although is seems some vehicles receive updates by "luck" and others don't, it is most likely vehicles receiving an OTA are meeting all the current OTA criterion. Some vehicles, due to build date, may already be up to date, and an OTA is unnecessary at this point. Some updates will be quite large, and the download and install will take many hours. This will likely be the case with BlueCruise.

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
At this point, there are certain parameters around when an OTA will be applied, such as whether the vehicle is currently charging, the state of the 12V battery, etc. Although is seems some vehicles receive updates by "luck" and others don't, it is most likely vehicles receiving an OTA are meeting all the current OTA criterion. Some vehicles, due to build date, may already be up to date, and an OTA is unnecessary at this point. Some updates will be quite large, and the download and install will take many hours. This will likely be the case with BlueCruise.
It would be nice if Ford could tell us those “parameters” so that we could be sure our vehicles are ready for updates like BlueCruise ?

Eric_C_Boston

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford Mustang Mach-E RWD ER
Occupation
Retired Software Engineer
Country flag
I charged at home for the first time last weekend and noticed I had the first update several days ago without any notice in Fordpass. Yesterday I was also charging at home and got the second update with a notice in Fordpass.
Sponsored