Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E ER AWD
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
Manually as in just pulling the stalk and "flashing someone," right?
Whoa Pardner. Let’s keep it PG round these parts.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Headlight updates ‘23 premium B6C9F172-4A41-4A5D-990E-E4E323E6F4AF
Sponsored

markboris

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
_______ '20 Shelby GT500 FPB '21 Mach-E GTPE IS
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Not sure about flashing but meant manually turning them on (to stay on) then turning off. Not sure I tried the flashing and I’m in CO right now so can’t check it out.

Gullwingdmc

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E GT AWD ER - Grabber Blue
Country flag
Flashing they cut on instantly. It’s only for the auto high beams that they fade on. The cut off when an oncoming car is detected.

OP
OP
Murse-In-Airy

Murse-In-Airy

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E ER AWD
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
Whoa Pardner. Let’s keep it PG round these parts.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Headlight updates ‘23 premium B6C9F172-4A41-4A5D-990E-E4E323E6F4AF
Just confirmed on a quick run to Walmart. Pulling your stalk back to flash people (insert Beevis and Butthead noises) does flash rather than fade.

markboris

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Just confirmed on a quick run to Walmart. Pulling your stalk back to flash people (insert Beevis and Butthead noises) does flash rather than fade.
Yes but turning them on and off manually with the stalk (not flashing) also will fade on and off. Check it out. Make sure I wasn’t imagining this.

OP
OP
Murse-In-Airy

Murse-In-Airy

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E ER AWD
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
Yes but turning them on and off manually with the stalk (not flashing) also will fade on and off. Check it out. Make sure I wasn’t imagining this.
Tested on the way home from work. You are correct, sir. Forward on the stalk to turn on results in fade up. Pulling backwards to turn off cuts brights immediately. Allowing auto on/off fades both up and down. Pulling backwards once they’re off, just to flash, is instantaneous.

OP
OP
Murse-In-Airy

Murse-In-Airy

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E ER AWD
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
Has anyone tried this on a 2021 Job 1 car?
I don’t have an OBDII or a Forscan license. Probably going to order today. The only 2021 people I see doing it are job 2 folks (Neil and Mark).

markboris

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Has anyone tried this on a 2021 Job 1 car?
I will be trying this out on my previous Premium ('21 Job 1) on the 15th of this month when I'm in Phoenix visiting the friend who bought it. I'll report back unless someone else with a '21 Job 1 does first.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
I don’t have an OBDII or a Forscan license. Probably going to order today. The only 2021 people I see doing it are job 2 folks (Neil and Mark).
Yeah, I've only seen Job 2 folks as well. I'll give it a shot at some point, but not in the next couple of days because it's like -18F at the moment.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
I will be trying this out on my previous Premium ('21 Job 1) on the 15th of this month when I'm in Phoenix visiting the friend who bought it. I'll report back unless someone else with a '21 Job 1 does first.
Thanks. Seems like it should work, but we know there are other mods that don't work on Job 1 cars (like the power meter), so I'm not going to bet on it.

OP
OP
Murse-In-Airy

Murse-In-Airy

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E ER AWD
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
My OBDII adapter looks like it will arrive Thursday. Then I’ll have to educate myself on ForScan. I can at least do this on my job 2 GT. Then I can try her job 1 premium, if we have it back by then.

DK922

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD
Country flag
While I’ve been driving my rental Nero for a couple days, wife’s been in a loaner ‘23 MME Premium AWD ER. I took it to dinner tonight and noticed that the auto-dimming headlights now fade up and down between regular and high beam. This is something I had noted when I had the loaner F-150 Lightening as well. I think it’s a cool feature. Not that important in the larger scheme of life, but worth noting. Wonder if this can be Forscan implemented into earlier models?
I wish my lights would shut off after I walk away...

noway

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E First Edition
Occupation
Software developer
Country flag
This feature has been legally required on all auto headlights in europe for several years, the instant on/off in auto is not allowed for not causing discomfort, so the feature must be present on all versions since european delivered cars all do it

As far as I have seen there are two distinct sets of configurasions for ramp up/down, one for the glare free mode and one for the "normal" mode. There is also a fast and slow versions for each, the slow is when turning on/off because of light sensor, and fast is when turned on/off for other traffic.

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
I have a 2021 Job 1 premium up-to-date through 4.1.3 and my high beams/low beams do not fade. They just switch from high to low. A friend has this feature on his Escape and it’s pretty neat.
Sponsored