Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
C-Max Energi, Mach-E (ordered)
Occupation
Bank Analyst
Country flag
Hello!

I just ordered my Mach-E from Ford on Tuesday. I am so excited, and I can't wait!

I've owned a C-Max Energi for three years, and I just love my car. But I really wanted something that is full electric, right? And I definitely prefer to buy from Ford. I've had three cars before: my first was a junker Crown Victoria my dad bought me that lasted me barely a year, that was a disaster (one day the brakes just didn't work!). Then I bought a certified used Focus with my aunt as co-signer on my financing, and I owned that for 13 years. I loved that car, but it had nothing at all - not even power windows or doors. All it had was air conditioning and a CD player (no cruise control even, eugh!) So a few years ago when I got into a minor accident, I chose to scrap it and buy my first car by myself, which was this certified used C-Max Energi. I've been so proud of this car!

But I really, really want something new. I've never had a brand new car before, so this is really exciting for me. And this vehicle is also more expensive than all my previous cars put together, lol! But I can afford it, so why not, right? I want a treat. I know it's not a real old-fashioned Mustang, but it still has the horsey logo on it and it's called that, so I get to say it's my Mustang. I always wished I had one. I remember when I was younger and a bank teller, I dreamed of getting promoted and being able to afford a new Mustang for myself (preferably a convertible, I lived in Georgia back then)

So anyway, I got just the Select, because I didn't really need or want the features of the other models. I did purchase two upgrades, the Comfort & Technology package and the All-Wheel-Drive, because I live in Michigan. I ordered mine in Dark Matter Grey, because I think that looks really nice.

So I know I'm going to have to wait months and months for my car, and in the meantime I'm pining away, checking my tracker to see when it goes into production.

I'm sorry for such a long rambling post, you just wouldn't believe how incredibly excited I am to be getting this car.
Sponsored

WinterSky

First Name
WinterSky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E California Route 1
Country flag
Hello!

I just ordered my Mach-E from Ford on Tuesday. I am so excited, and I can't wait!

I've owned a C-Max Energi for three years, and I just love my car. But I really wanted something that is full electric, right? And I definitely prefer to buy from Ford. I've had three cars before: my first was a junker Crown Victoria my dad bought me that lasted me barely a year, that was a disaster (one day the brakes just didn't work!). Then I bought a certified used Focus with my aunt as co-signer on my financing, and I owned that for 13 years. I loved that car, but it had nothing at all - not even power windows or doors. All it had was air conditioning and a CD player (no cruise control even, eugh!) So a few years ago when I got into a minor accident, I chose to scrap it and buy my first car by myself, which was this certified used C-Max Energi. I've been so proud of this car!

But I really, really want something new. I've never had a brand new car before, so this is really exciting for me. And this vehicle is also more expensive than all my previous cars put together, lol! But I can afford it, so why not, right? I want a treat. I know it's not a real old-fashioned Mustang, but it still has the horsey logo on it and it's called that, so I get to say it's my Mustang. I always wished I had one. I remember when I was younger and a bank teller, I dreamed of getting promoted and being able to afford a new Mustang for myself (preferably a convertible, I lived in Georgia back then)

So anyway, I got just the Select, because I didn't really need or want the features of the other models. I did purchase two upgrades, the Comfort & Technology package and the All-Wheel-Drive, because I live in Michigan. I ordered mine in Dark Matter Grey, because I think that looks really nice.

So I know I'm going to have to wait months and months for my car, and in the meantime I'm pining away, checking my tracker to see when it goes into production.

I'm sorry for such a long rambling post, you just wouldn't believe how incredibly excited I am to be getting this car.
Congtrats on your new order. I received my Mach E CA RT1 back in November, 1,200 miles so far and loving the car.

Murse-In-Airy

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E ER AWD
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
Welcome. Enjoy the wait. Learn what you can while you can. Great car and donā€™t let anyone tell you the way you ordered it isnā€™t what you want.

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
spareelectrons.wordpress.com
Vehicles
Mach-E, old: Bolt, C-Max Energi, Focus Electric
Country flag
Meh AWD is overrated. I have a RWD CA Rt1 here in Michigan haven't had an issue (got it last Feb).

Enjoy your new ride when it arrives.

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Once you drive your Mach E you'll realize that it does indeed "deserve" the name of "Mustang"!

Congrats; and while it will feel like a loooong wait it will be worth it in the end!

JohnnyForensic

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Infinite Blue MME 4X Premium
Occupation
Digital Forensics
Country flag
Oh, I think we *all* can believe around here how excited you are. We were all at the same point once, except for the lucky few who bought a canceled order off a lot.

JonathanEzor

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME GT, Taurus, C-MAX Energi, Chrysler PacHy
Country flag
Hello!

Welcome to you! I'm awaiting my 2022 Mach-E GT, and in anticipation of its arrival, my daughter will be taking my 2015 C-MAX Energi back with her to college in January. (We still have our PHEV Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid minivan as our daily driver at home while I wait for the Mach-E.)

Wishing you a wonderful experience with yours! {Jonathan}

RockwallRick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Ford Maverick FX4
Country flag
We had a C-Max hybrid for 7 years and were determined to go all electric this time. I always thought our first electric car would be a Tesla, but then Ford came out with the MME and that changed everything! We have had it for 6 months now and my Wife still gets a kick out of seeing the Pony Puddle lights come on!

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Welcome and congratulations. At least your wait will be much shorter than those of us who reserved at the start. You might even be able to pick one up sooner from your local dealer if you are open to it.

RockwallRick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Ford Maverick FX4
Country flag
Oh, I think we *all* can believe around here how excited you are. We were all at the same point once, except for the lucky few who bought a canceled order off a lot.
Thatā€™s how we got ours! It was a ā€œCarbonizedā€ Copy of the one my Wife had on order which now belongs to another member of this forum!

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
Welcome to the forum and congrats on your order! I also came from an Energi (Fusion in my case). I loved that car but wanted something with more all-battery range. I picked up my reserved-ordered-delayed-delayed GT-PE just under 6 weeks ago and I live my MME more than I loved my Fusion Energi. ??

Join the grumpy thread when your wait becomes ukky (I canā€™t come up with a family-friendly word for it other than that). The wait will be worth it though. ??

BadgerGreg

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach E Premium RWD SR and 2022 BMW i4 M50
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Welcome to the club, and enjoy your ride (when you get it). You made a great choice!

SuzzyQ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e mustang
Country flag
Hello!

Welcome to the club! You wonā€™t be disappointed.

Glen

First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Range Rover, 2012 Dodge, 2018 Chevy, 52 M38
Occupation
Retired, building inspector / construction super for a builder in NY.
Country flag
Thank you everyone for your kind welcomes :)

I decided to upgrade my order to a Premium. I want the fancy roof :)
Premium gives you more than the roof. Enjoy. We are still waiting for ours. ?
Sponsored