Help getting started

cheshirecat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
Got my car (not from a dealer) today but trying to enter my vin into the fordpass app it fails. Am I missing a step? Anyone had a similar issue?
Sponsored

OP
OP

cheshirecat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
Tried again and this time it worked. Only difference, I manually entered a 0 incase it had been read as a O. Not sure it had but this time it worked and I'm all connected.

Djmc321

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E
Country flag
Glad you got it working.

I ended up scanning the VIN on the windscreen using the camera built into the app itself. I had initial setup woes myself, but I think that was because I had another order with Ford originally which I cancelled the old/incorrect VIN was still associated I think. But I got connected straight away with resetting everyone to factory and using the camera to scan the VIN.

grovep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME extended range
Country flag
I have received my MME RWD ER today and also have a question that hopefully is fairly easy to answer. I would like to disable keyless entry so you have to operate the fob to unlock the doors/trunk. In the manual it suggests you can do this by going into the Settings - Vehicle -Locks menu and "Press and hold the OK button until the system reset confirmation appears." The only OK button I can find is on the steering wheel and does not seem to have any effect. Am I missing something or is my fob not the Admin Key? Thanks for your help.

grovep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME extended range
Country flag
Hi I have some further questions that I am hoping someone can help with
  • I have 2 phones one for work (Apple) and one personal use (Android). Can both be connected at the same time? i.e. received hands free calls from either? If so how?
  • Any way to increase the volume of the indicator clicks ? – I can barely hear them.
Thanks for your help

OP
OP

cheshirecat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
So theres a couple of things bugging me - might just be that its a company car with basically no hand over rather than a dealer handover, but hopefully someone here can help.

1 - Android auto seems to be turning the radio on, even if im in my house. Is there anyway to stop this? At the moment im having to turn bluetooth off on my phone.

2 - Sometimes when i stop, turn off and get out of the car the small row of LEDs on the headlight stay on. Only way to turn them off is to get back in turn on, off again and get out.

3 - Windscreen wipers - this one doesn't matter as much, but sometimes the far windscreen wiper goes all the way down, sometimes stops a few inches higher. It might be being clever, but just not sure.

4 - Randomly my radio turns off midway through driving, could be loosing DAB?

grovep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME extended range
Country flag
4 - Randomly my radio turns off midway through driving, could be loosing DAB?
I find the DAB reception not as good as my previous car (Merc C350e) so it does go silent if there is not a FM equivalent
Sponsored