help improve my consumption!

dml105

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Shadowfax, the Star White Tricoated Metallic Pony
Country flag
Edit to add: Use cruise control as much as possible on your commute. Constantly speeding up and slowing down (even with regen) wastes a lot of energy.
Yeah, i don't think that matters much. BEVs love stop and go traffic. BEVs are less efficient when the wind resistance is high (i.e. at highway speed) - the energy spent to push the air out of the way is lost for good. But the energy used to get up to speed is recovered pretty efficiently.
Sponsored

dml105

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Shadowfax, the Star White Tricoated Metallic Pony
Country flag
But will that ALSO precondition the battery? And what happens if you apply Remote start without being plugged in?
You burn some of the energy in the battery, but your tush is warmer when you get in. As far as I can tell, preconditioning unplugged is exactly the same as driving it cold, but making it more comfortable for the humans when you get in.

Murse-In-Airy

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E ER AWD
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
But will that ALSO precondition the battery? And what happens if you apply Remote start without being plugged in?
Remote starting without being plugged in doesn’t accomplish much. It still has to precondition the cabin from the battery power. And while the battery may start to warm up, it doesn’t do as much as the full extended precondition.
Sponsored