LNFitz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Mustang Mach-e
Occupation
Saddle Fitter…and yes, have worked with Mustangs
Country flag
Here’s my precondition session from this morning (set to warm) on the right compared to the normal charging at night (9.4 kW) on the left.

ChargePoint Home Flex 14-50 plug in on 50 amp circuit.
589613EA-2632-450C-BF99-CD57DD31CBB3.jpeg
I just noticed that Chargepoint is not showing active charging when I walk into my garage and the car is preconditioning. Car charger is scheduled to charge between midnight and 9am for local public service plan and my preconditioning often occurs outside of these times but assumed car was drawing from my home instead of car battery. Not so.

I just checked with Chargepoint and their response was to do the "double pump" override. Very impractical for detached garage in winter weather.

Any peeps with Chargepoint want to chime in here?

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 Premium4X - EAP Member
Country flag
I just noticed that Chargepoint is not showing active charging when I walk into my garage and the car is preconditioning. Car charger is scheduled to charge between midnight and 9am for local public service plan and my preconditioning often occurs outside of these times but assumed car was drawing from my home instead of car battery. Not so.

I just checked with Chargepoint and their response was to do the "double pump" override. Very impractical for detached garage in winter weather.

Any peeps with Chargepoint want to chime in here?
When you are plugged in you should be able to click 'Charge Now' in the ChargePoint app to override the schedule and allow power to flow if the car calls for it.

Or don't set ChargePoint to use a schedule at all, just use the charging schedule in the car/FordPass app.