RKinWA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E GTPE AWD Space White Metallic
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
I bought my 2021 GT AWD 2 weeks ago, certified pre-owned. I got an OBDLink MX+ and CarScanner to check some numbers. I am charging to 100% to get max numbers, and here's what I have (at 99% as I know some of the numbers disappear when not charging).

Looking at the HvbSoh it shows 97.5%, which seems reasonable for the age. The HVB SOC is 95.51%, the HVB SOC Display 99%, and Energy to Empty is 86.67kWh (at a battery temp of 55.4 degrees)

I also screenshotted the battery sensor screen. According to the window sticker (confirmed by the date on the door) the car's date is August 9th 2021, but according to the battery age in CarScanner the battery is 18.4 months old, which puts the battery date at September 20, 2021. Does this indicate that the battery was changed? Or that one of the dates is wrong?

Anyway, I was just trying to get an accurate (I know it varies with temperature) reading of my usable battery percentage.

TIA for any input.

Update: Forgot to mention the odometer is 15862

Ford Mustang Mach-E Help with Deciphering CarScanner Numbers 1679852200898
Ford Mustang Mach-E Help with Deciphering CarScanner Numbers 1679852215706

Last edited:

hawkeye3point1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Space White ER RWD, Born on 12 Aug. '21
Country flag
Looking at the HvbSoh it shows 97.5%, which seems reasonable for the age. The HVB SOC is 95.51%, the HVB SOC Display 99%, and Energy to Empty is 86.67kWh (at a battery temp of 55.4 degrees)
This all looks very normal, although my ER was built around that time and shows 99.5% SOH. But I am not a heavy user and have very low miles.

I also screenshotted the battery sensor screen. According to the window sticker (confirmed by the date on the door) the car's date is August 9th 2021, but according to the battery age in CarScanner the battery is 18.4 months old, which puts the battery date at September 20, 2021. Does this indicate that the battery was changed? Or that one of the dates is wrong?
The date on the sticker is typically around 2 weeks before it is built. So this seems correct also. If you have someone in the FDRS help thread check your VIN, they can pinpoint your build date. Battery age is probably measured from the time the BECM is first activated.

SpaceEVDriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ground-based: CA Route 1 AWD, ER
Occupation
Planetary Science
Country flag
The date on the window sticker changes throughout the production process, and is more of a "last-updated" date. I don't know when they print the door jamb stickers, but that date is probably from the same database entry the window sticker uses. The age from CarScanner is probably from the time whichever "it's alive" module (likely BECM) was powered up for the first time.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Help with Deciphering CarScanner Numbers frankenstein-its-alive

OP
OP
RKinWA

RKinWA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
This all looks very normal, although my ER was built around that time and shows 99.5% SOH. But I am not a heavy user and have very low miles.

The date on the sticker is typically around 2 weeks before it is built. So this seems correct also. If you have someone in the FDRS help thread check your VIN, they can pinpoint your build date. Battery age is probably measured from the time the BECM is first activated.
Ah OK good to know, and thanks.

OP
OP
RKinWA

RKinWA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
The date on the window sticker changes throughout the production process, and is more of a "last-updated" date. I don't know when they print the door jamb stickers, but that date is probably from the same database entry the window sticker uses. The age from CarScanner is probably from the time whichever "it's alive" module (likely BECM) was powered up for the first time.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Help with Deciphering CarScanner Numbers frankenstein-its-alive
Good to know, thanks

JimmyMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
ECU Identifiers menu in Car Scanner has more details on vehicle components.

Besides, recently discovered the funny "trip on Google maps" in Data Recording (when I enabled the GPS location).

OP
OP
RKinWA

RKinWA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
ECU Identifiers menu in Car Scanner has more details on vehicle components.

Besides, recently discovered the funny "trip on Google maps" in Data Recording (when I enabled the GPS location).
Oh interesting

DarkStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach-E SR RWD
Country flag
I was wondering the same thing. Weather is finally nice here so I wanted to charge up to 100% to see what my max kWh is. Through the winter I know the kWh shrinks a bit and the ideal temp for the battery is around 70 degrees. My battery is right at that sweet spot of 70 degrees today but I was surprised to only see 67.14 kWh reported. The exterior temp shows 77 but I’ve found that sensor to be fairly inaccurate, especially when I first turn the car on. This was in my garage in early morning, so it was probably more like 70-72.

I have a late 2022 SR which is supposed to have 70 kWh battery. My health is still at 100% so I’m not sure why I’d be missing a few kWh at 100% charge in ideal temperature. Maybe CarScanner is just not that accurate? My range was reporting 250 miles which is nice, just curious why the kWh are not all the way full.

8415ABE9-2FED-4A8B-A48E-3C82D37E7F3D.png
Sponsored