Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Spacey Prem4x, '21 RX450H, 13 Focus EV
Occupation
DevSecOps, General PITA
Country flag
Try tweeting them, over and over. Maybe you can get some traction that way, but I'ma throw my hope in the doubt hat.

Once Android Automotive arrives we will see more stability (hopefully)
Not in these existing cars you wont. So you'll need to pay $60k+ for that upgrade.
Sponsored

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
OK, so what makes you think there is any more Chinese software in a car with a Taiwanese-made chip than a phone made in China?
Ok, software and processors are two entirely different items. Just because a processor is made by, say Intel, does not mean that Intel writes all the software that runs on the processor (for example, the most popular operating system for intel processors is written by Microsoft).
While Chinese market Mustang Mach Es look superficially similar to Mustang Mach Es sold elsewhere, we already know there are Chinese Market-unique distinctions (two that come to mind are the “moving pony” puddle lamps and the covered cup holders in the different center console). Now, while I can’t say with certainty that the code running on modules in a Chinese Market Mustang Mach E is different than code for different markets, I submit: 1. There have to be some code differences, such as Chinese language support, and support for different digital radio formats (no SiriusXM in China 😉) than what we have. 2. Frankly, I don’t trust the Chinese government - period. For example, they’re trying to implement their “social score” system throughout their economy. People are already prohibited or limited on their travel based on social score for example. Who knows what they may have baked into the code for Chinese Market vehicles - I don’t want that code.

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
I'm pretty certain that it's not a problem with the CPU it's the damn code (I've seen the file system)
The UI is basically built using various technologies such as Unreal Engine, QT, and Chromium web browser sessions for the various interfaces. It's just a hodge-podge of elements overlayed together to simulate a UI.
It's a highly unoptimized mess!
Once Android Automotive arrives we will see more stability (hopefully)
But all built on QNX, right?

tonesto7

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Occupation
Software Developer/System Admin
Country flag
Try tweeting them, over and over. Maybe you can get some traction that way, but I'ma throw my hope in the doubt hat.

Not in these existing cars you wont. So you'll need to pay $60k+ for that upgrade.
Of course... I made the assumption that was implied :(

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
He has a button on the Sync screen.
But I’ll take a free tin foil hat - as long as it doesn’t have any software from the Chinese PLA or their proxies 😀😀😀

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
So he needs to get in the car and start it. Might as well just open the door and pull the lever twice as I think the chinese are monitoring people using the long process of the B pillar.
They can only do that on cars with Chinese Market Software. Who knows, if your Social Credit Score falls too low, the CCP may decide “no remote frunk release for you!” 😀😀😀

OP
OP
stevec73

stevec73

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E California Route 1
Country flag
It’s cute you think the software on your MME is US designed and coded.

Almost all of Ford’s software engineers and coders are in India.
Them’s fighting words. LOL. I appreciate that everyone is such a good sport.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
So he needs to get in the car and start it. Might as well just open the door and pull the lever twice as I think the chinese are monitoring people using the long process of the B pillar.
Actually …

The screen button is handy for opening the Frunk when you get home so you can unload your Frunk full of Chinese software or groceries. Which ever. ;)
Sponsored