Mopey

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 MME GTPE, 22 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
I will get my rapid red Mach E premium RWD extended range any day now from world ford in Pensacola Florida. Getting excited. My solar panels will only cover 25% of the needed electricity for my MachE. I wish I would have gone with a 10kw system instead of the 7.5 kw system I have bit at the time I installed my solar I had no ev and could not go bigger. Gulf power would not allow me to go bigger.
Unless you need the highest charge rate, you can adjust the amps on most wall mount EVSEs down to a rate below your arrays average output. (Assuming your EVSE is either jumper or software adjustable). That will cut down on the amount electricity you have to import.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Murse-In-Airy

Murse-In-Airy

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E ER AWD
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
Do you fight over the Level 2 charger in your garage?
Nah. If she wants it, she gets it. I drive 8 miles to work every other day, and do 24 hour shifts. If I plug into 110 at work, I’ll be gaining SOC each day.

JerseyMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e Premium AWD extended range
Country flag
Who did you use as your panel provider, and would you recommend them? I need to put panels in, but the panel business seems to be as bad as used car sales.
Haha agreed Solarme highly recommended

OP
OP
Murse-In-Airy

Murse-In-Airy

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E ER AWD
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
Who did you use as your panel provider, and would you recommend them? I need to put panels in, but the panel business seems to be as bad as used car sales.
Lots of companies just trying to get your money and any grants as well. Shady fly-by night folks. Probably get you a hoveround scooter while they’re there.
I use Fourth Coast. They’re a small outfit up here by me but they sell a variety of panels along with Enphase inverters and monitoring equipment. Just have to find someone who’s done some bigger local projects. If they’re advertising with Flyers and fb ads, you can bet the quality of work will be flyer and fb ad level as well.

tmblue

First Name
Tory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 Audi Q5, 2014 Audi Q5, 1986 IROCZ, Mach-E
Country flag
Doesn't make sense to me and I'm a guy with 2 Audi Q5's.

One sure, but the other car/vehicle should really be one set for long trips.

I have a Q5 TDI that will do 650 miles on the freeway on one tank. That stays. The Mach-E would be a short/mid length travel vehicle. Errands, trips to nearby cities, but the TDI just makes sense for the long hauls. I don't see have 2 distance hindered vehicles in my fleet..

Sure at some point when they start pushing 400-500 miles on a charge, they will be an every day for every occasion vehicle, but I don't believe thats now.

OP
OP
Murse-In-Airy

Murse-In-Airy

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E ER AWD
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag

I have a Q5 TDI that will do 650 miles on the freeway on one tank. That stays. The Mach-E would be a short/mid length travel vehicle. Errands, trips to nearby cities, but the TDI just makes sense for the long hauls. I don't see have 2 distance hindered vehicles in my fleet..

Sure at some point when they start pushing 400-500 miles on a charge, they will be an every day for every occasion vehicle, but I don't believe thats now.
My F150 eco-boost has lots of room for kids and luggage and does long trips like a luxury land yacht. These are our around town, within the state, cars.

Last edited:

Badger_Prof

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prior--Leaf,Bolt EV. Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD ER
Country flag

Understand your position--for you. But, others have different driving patterns and, for some, 2 BEVs can make sense. The longest drive my wife and I ever make is 150 miles one way. Anything longer than that and we are in an airplane. If some kind of emergency required us to make a 1000 mile one way driving trip, we would probably just rent an ICE for the trip.

Mgayle83

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Tacoma
Occupation
IT
Country flag
This dealership is a half a mile from my house. I'm glad you got a good deal, I've tried them twice in the past and they offered me 30% less for my trade than anywhere else each time.
check to see if there is a Carvana near you. they gave me 3k more than the dealer would have. I have my downpayment ready, just waiting on the car.

Mgayle83

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Tacoma
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Little lesson I learned a couple weeks ago....
If you’re in Canadaigua, take your old car to CarMax in Rochester. Do the online instant cash offer. Drive it up. Hand it in.
We wanted to trade her 2014 Escape with 112k miles. KBB said $5100. The Ford dealer in VT offered $3000. CarMax said $6200. We drove there, we’re there about 45 minutes and walked out with a check for $6200. They didn’t try to talk us down. Didn’t try to sell us anything off their lot. Just verified the details, miles, and condition on the car, had us sign some papers, and cut us a check. It was A-MAZE-ING.
I had a similar experience with Carvana. Dealer offers 5k, they offered a little over 8k. KBB said between 6500 and 7500.

OP
OP
Murse-In-Airy

Murse-In-Airy

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E ER AWD
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
I had a similar experience with Carvana. Dealer offers 5k, they offered a little over 8k. KBB said between 6500 and 7500.
I tried Carvana. They didn’t have any pickup locations near me and wanted me to drive 400 miles to drop it off to them. #rural life
And actually CarMax gave me $800 more than Carvana was offering.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
I tried Carvana. They didn’t have any pickup locations near me and wanted me to drive 400 miles to drop it off to them. #rural life
Same here. Carvana and CarMax were not an option for me, so I went with Vroom. As far as I can tell, Vroom is the only one that will pickup anywhere in the lower 48 states.

Mgayle83

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Tacoma
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Sweet. Not the Carvana part but the more money part.

OP
OP
Murse-In-Airy

Murse-In-Airy

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E ER AWD
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
Ford Mustang Mach-E His and Hers IMG_5373

It’s a different pair, but it’s the three year anniversary of being the first Dual Mach-E owner. Still happy with the cars each day.

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
Every time I see those words together I think of Pontiac’s high-performance console shifters for automatics. 🤣🐩

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag
IMG_5373.jpeg

It’s a different pair, but it’s the three year anniversary of being the first Dual Mach-E owner. Still happy with the cars each day.
Happy anniversary, Rod!! 🎉 We're happy to hear you're loving your Mach-Es. Thanks for being part of the Ford family!