How do I get weather updates in Nav Screen?

OP
OP
Panzer948

Panzer948

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 MME GT PE, 2021 Ford Bronco, 2015 BMW M4, CJ5
Occupation
Geologist
Country flag
Ahh. I was a little excited there for a moment. I have a Cyber Orange MME and they could have passed as a close enough match.
I'd LOVE for @AOSK to be able to match Ford's exterior colors. I replied to them a month or so ago on the Cyber Orange color. They said they were going to try to get a sample to match, but hadn't seen anything.
All of that said, I thought they may have come out with that color....
Glad to hear that your problem is fixed. I think I'm having the same problem. About to pull fuse 11.
Fingers crossed!
Totally understand, note my Bronco's exterior color ;) Although I haven't added any metallic parts I have added plenty of matching latex type graphics to highlight key sections and letters. Bronco and Mach E are on two different levels though and what would work for one wouldn't on the other, which is why I like having very opposite type vehicles.

BTW, if you haven't ceramic coated your CO MME, you should. I know its $$ but it really brings out that deep shine and it is so easy to clean. Even after driving it in the dirty conditions, it still looks relatively clean. I think CO is a good color for ceramic coating. I did a black metallic car prior to this and wasn't as impressed.
Sponsored

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
It cleared up the next time I applied updates with FDRS but think if I had just disconnected the negative terminal on the battery for 5 minutes that would have fixed it as well.

Unplugging and then plugging back in really is the best first trouble shooting technique for electronics.
I second this big time. I feel like a lot of the tech glitches on the forum could be solved by pulling the 12V for 10 minutes to reboot the modules. And then doing a master reset if pulling the 12V doesn’t work. So many people are reluctant to try those and endlessly complain. Ford has a lot of state issues in the software especially when upgrading versions so that’s why power cycling works well.

Neil4Real

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT Performance Edition - Shadow Black
Country flag
I second this big time. I feel like a lot of the tech glitches on the forum could be solved by pulling the 12V for 10 minutes to reboot the modules. And then doing a master reset if pulling the 12V doesn’t work. So many people are reluctant to try those and endlessly complain. Ford has a lot of state issues in the software especially when upgrading versions so that’s why power cycling works well.
Being that these cars are so much “tech,” why is there not just a reboot button accessible in some obscure setting or the diagnostic screen?

OP
OP
Panzer948

Panzer948

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Geologist
Country flag
So glad that fixed it.

For about a month could not open the rear hatch unless I opened any other door first.

It cleared up the next time I applied updates with FDRS but think if I had just disconnected the negative terminal on the battery for 5 minutes that would have fixed it as well.

Unplugging and then plugging back in really is the best first trouble shooting technique for electronics.
Hi again, quick question. Did yours ever revert back to the same old problem? Bad news for me. Today I could not access my Connectivity Settings again. So I called Ford which put me through to their IT Group. Went through everything to date with them. including rebooting using steering wheel commands. I told them about the "pull fuse trick" and they said they don't recommend owners do that with the latest Sync 4 as it erases the problem codes. Thus, they didn't want me to do that anymore. They said the only solution is to bring it in to a dealership to fix and gave me a reference number. I swear my BlueCruise issue has to be related to this.

Here is my 2nd problem. The dealership I bought it from is saying they cant work on Mach Es until Feb and recommend I call a couple of others. The 2nd one I called said the same thing. Now I am waiting on a response from a third, but their initial comment was no loaners, or at least I would have to be put on a list. The Ford IT group said if the dealership doesn't give me a loaner to call them back. Anyway, this isn't starting off to good for only owning a week. I guess since the car is mechanically sound I can wait to have it looked at (so I can have a loaner). I can't be down a new car for days without an alternative vehicle and I personally do not believe this is an easy fix as it seems like some kind of glitch that will take longer to diagnose.

Problem 3, I was all set to add PPF and ceramic coating early next week but now think it would be prudent to wait. What if this ends up being something they can't fix....

kdonnel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 CA Route 1, 2020 Bolt EV
Country flag
As far as I know the problem for me has remained fixed.

Looking at the F150 forum I see a post there where one poor souls connectivity comes and goes with the wind.

SuperRob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Space White Premium Ext AWD
Country flag
The only thing still not working is full hands free BlueCruise. I would have replied sooner but was on some errands trying it out on the local interstates and nada.
Have you checked the About SYNC screen to see if your map data is expired or not? This appears to be my issue.

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
Hi again, quick question. Did yours ever revert back to the same old problem? Bad news for me. Today I could not access my Connectivity Settings again. So I called Ford which put me through to their IT Group. Went through everything to date with them. including rebooting using steering wheel commands. I told them about the "pull fuse trick" and they said they don't recommend owners do that with the latest Sync 4 as it erases the problem codes. Thus, they didn't want me to do that anymore. They said the only solution is to bring it in to a dealership to fix and gave me a reference number. I swear my BlueCruise issue has to be related to this.

Here is my 2nd problem. The dealership I bought it from is saying they cant work on Mach Es until Feb and recommend I call a couple of others. The 2nd one I called said the same thing. Now I am waiting on a response from a third, but their initial comment was no loaners, or at least I would have to be put on a list. The Ford IT group said if the dealership doesn't give me a loaner to call them back. Anyway, this isn't starting off to good for only owning a week. I guess since the car is mechanically sound I can wait to have it looked at (so I can have a loaner). I can't be down a new car for days without an alternative vehicle and I personally do not believe this is an easy fix as it seems like some kind of glitch that will take longer to diagnose.

Problem 3, I was all set to add PPF and ceramic coating early next week but now think it would be prudent to wait. What if this ends up being something they can't fix....
Might be time to consider doing Master Reset since that worked for kdonnel. Like he said it might be a day before you can re-activate it in FordPass to allow the server to clear as well.

You can wait and bring it to the dealer, but I'm almost certain they are going to try the master reset first when they get it. So really no point in waiting a month or two for something you can do yourself now IMO.

OP
OP
Panzer948

Panzer948

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Geologist
Country flag
Might be time to consider doing Master Reset since that worked for kdonnel. Like he said it might be a day before you can re-activate it in FordPass to allow the server to clear as well.

You can wait and bring it to the dealer, but I'm almost certain they are going to try the master reset first when they get it. So really no point in waiting a month or two for something you can do yourself now IMO.
I think that is what I i did yesterday (pulling Fuse 11 for 5 mins) which worked for 24 hours

Mach-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD
Occupation
Sci/Eng
Country flag
I think that is what I i did yesterday (pulling Fuse 11 for 5 mins) which worked for 24 hours
No, pulling the fuse is not a master reset. Master reset clears all setting and also de-activates your car from Ford's servers. It's different.

OP
OP
Panzer948

Panzer948

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Geologist
Country flag
No, pulling the fuse is not a master reset. Master reset clears all setting and also de-activates your car from Ford's servers. It's different.
Hmm okay, then I probably should try that although i know they mentioned not to.:rolleyes: Let me find a thread on it.

In between me responding to this and the last one, my dealership called me back and scheduled me for Jan 23rd!! So I have plenty of time to deal with it. It is hard to get good service around here it seems.

SuperRob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Space White Premium Ext AWD
Country flag
In between me responding to this and the last one, my dealership called me back and scheduled me for Jan 23rd!! So I have plenty of time to deal with it. It is hard to get good service around here it seems.
I can't get my car into my dealer to get the GWM module updated for my BlueCruise issue until MARCH. I'm having to take it to a different dealer nearby instead.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Panzer948

Panzer948

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Geologist
Country flag
Update to this thread... I think my issues are related to not having a software update, which is being discussed with some recommended solutions on another thread where other new buyers are dealing with BlueCruise Hands Free not coming on. I am still dealing with that as well. I think all of these issues are related (including the auto parking mode not activated), thus I plan to update any changes on the below related post.

https://www.macheforum.com/site/thr...that-worked-procedure-per-ford-support.24938/
Sponsored