Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Carbonizied gray - FE
Occupation
retired
Country flag
the button clearly doesn't do nothing.

there have been very few if any cars made in the past 20+ years that didn't at least automatically turn on A/C when you select defrost, no matter what you have set. (you don't have to take my word for it : How Does a Defroster Work? | YourMechanic Advice)

on a normal day, you can turn the A/C on and off at will. there will be times though when the car will turn it on because you've told it to, you just didn't know you were telling it to.
It's not on defrost. I don't know what the button does then as doesn't seem to turn a/c off
Sponsored

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
It's not on defrost. I don't know what the button does then as doesn't seem to turn a/c off
have you taken it to the dealer to report this yet? since the button does in fact turn A/C on and off for the rest of us in the expected cases.

OP
OP
milepost1

milepost1

First Name
harold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Carbonizied gray - FE
Occupation
retired
Country flag
have you taken it to the dealer to report this yet? since the button does in fact turn A/C on and off for the rest of us in the expected cases.
Not yet. Will report it on Wed when I have appt to replace a bad module

Terry

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-e Black
Country flag
One of the things that I wish they would change is have an AC power button on the main screen. Or instead of 3 levels of the fan, make it have 4 levels and one of the levels being off.
Sponsored