How do you get comfortable in the driver seat?

DYohn

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E Premium Ex
Country flag
Nope. The 8 adjustments are:
  1. Up
  2. Down
  3. Forward
  4. Backward
  5. Backrest tilt ahead
  6. Backrest tilt back
  7. Lumbar up
  8. Lumbar down
There is no adjustment to tilt and/or adjust the height of the front of the seat. The control only raises/lowers the rear of the seat.
Correct. So if tyou raise the entire seat then lower the back, you have effectively raised the front.

Like I said, I have had no trouble making the seating position good for me. But, to each his own.
Sponsored

AKgrampy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Expedition, Ford F-150, Mach E GT
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Sorry that you publically displayed your intelligence. I'd feel bad for you, but some lessons need to be learned the hard way. Obviously (perhaps not for you) I was looking for what seat adjustments people apply first, second, and third to get a good set-up. I've read every page of the user manual, cover-to-cover, thanks.
Sorry - but that was an inside joke as Rick normally refers to the manual. I did not mean to offend but Obviously you get butt-hurt fairly easily so adjusting the seat would be fairly important to you!

ctenidae

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
DMG GT; Taycan, Q7, Sienna Hybrid
Occupation
Solver of problems
Country flag
I find that the seating position doesn't matter much since the bolsters do nothing and I'm never in the same spot in the seat for more than a minute anyway.

I adapted to a NASCAR style position way up close (sacrifices for a coupe with infant car seat in the back years ago), which is good for bracing knees against the door speaker and center console. Both really solid structural pieces, but sufficient for countering assorted slides out of the seat.

I did find that it took about a month of tiny adjustments and re-saving the position before I finally stopped fiddling with it. I guess that's when I got it in the "right" position.

Auto Motive

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 mustang mach e GT performance
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I am an average weight, average height man but have not found the right configuration of the driver seat in my Mach E.

I've owned or driven dozens of cars, including the most basic of cheap ones, and never had such trouble getting comfortable. Part of the issue is likely that I am decades older. OTOH, while I am still instantly comfortable in my 18 year old Dodge Magnum, I cannot get the seat adjustments just-right in my Mach E. I feel either too crunched like sitting in a Muskoka chair or like I'm being tipped out and need to readjust my butt with every full stop.

There are 2 adjustments my Magnum has which the Mach E does not; front seat tilt and adjustable foot pedals. I have a hard time believing they are critical, but maybe they are. The lacking front seat tilt adjustment does seem strangely missing in a car as expensive as the Mach E. (Mine is a Select. Maybe the Premiums have better seats.)

How do people get comfortable in the driver seat of this car? Maybe my technique is all wrong and others have better 1-2-3 steps of adjustment that I should follow.
We bought the GTPE specifically for the sport seats, brembo brakes, monster rotors and magnaride. Degenerative discs 75 and love driving my daughters 2012 challenger srt8 392. Best sports seats ever! GTPE is a pleasure to drive and thats why we bought it.

BalsaDust

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E Premium 4X, 2023 Leaf (wifes car)
Occupation
This, that, and everything
Country flag
I drive many different vehicles and getting it just right has become easy for me.
I start with a seat position fore and aft that allows my left foot to be flat on the floor board BEHIND the brake pedal, that gives me the best position for my legs, knees bent slightly and not so much weight on my thighs.
next I move the seat up and down to find the angle to view the mirrors and see as much of the hood as possible.
Next I adjust the seat back to give me a comfortable relaxed seating position.
Last I adjust the steering column so that I am not reaching or feeling cramped.

Naturally some fine tuning and its set! 18 month's in with my MME and I have never needed to adjust the seat again save for the lumbar support which I do play with depending on how my lower back feels.

Its not rocket science and with a little work you can find the just right spot for you

Tony
Sponsored