How do you see battery capacity/loss of capacity?

TRP

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E P4x, Ford F150
Country flag
I'm not worried, more just curious. My 2021 PremiumX4 has 66xxx miles on it and was wondering about it's degradation.

My seat of the pants guesstimating from watching mileage on the app when it reaches 90% charge (my normal daily charge) seems to be pretty much what it has always been depending on temp.

I'm sure there is some degradation but I haven't really noticed any. šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø
Sponsored

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
You don't. You can buy an OBD II reader and CarScanner, charge to 100%, be at mid-70s temperature, and SOH indicator MAY be close to your state of health.

OP
OP

TRP

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E P4x, Ford F150
Country flag
You don't. You can buy an OBD II reader and CarScanner, charge to 100%, be at mid-70s temperature, and SOH indicator MAY be close to your state of health.
Thanks...............I'm not concerned, just curious.

Plan on keeping this car well past 100xxx so I will have it checked before the warranty on that part expires

Teslaeata

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Red one
Country flag
Thanks...............I'm not concerned, just curious.

Plan on keeping this car well past 100xxx so I will have it checked before the warranty on that part expires
Iā€™m pretty much same as you.

V early adopter, 1st MME delivered by my dealership in Nottingham in June ā€˜21, have 63,000 miles on clock and plan on keeping ā€˜til it drops!

I work it hard, itā€™s always fully loaded up to its max weight with tools, tyres set to at 37/49psi F/R and it performs well in terms of reliability & range though nowhere near advertised possible range!!

I donā€™t notice a drop in range performance since new and only got an OBD scanner c5,000 miles ago to show SoH (state of health) as a %age as my professional Ā£7,500 diagnostic computer donā€™t provide that particular stat.

It reads 95.5% SoH.

Iā€™m not entirely convinced there ever was a 100% so am casually monitoring SoH to see if there is any degradation from when I first began reading that stat.

Reactions: TRP
OP
OP

TRP

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E P4x, Ford F150
Country flag
Since we're here...............can someone recommend an inexpensive OBD scanner that will get me this info?

Thanks

Gullwingdmc

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach E GT AWD ER - Grabber Blue
Country flag
Since we're here...............can someone recommend an inexpensive OBD scanner that will get me this info?

Thanks
Iā€™ve had this one for a while and it works well with the Car Scanner app. I went with the Bluetooth route over Wi-Fi so it didnā€™t conflict with my phone connecting Wi-Fi to to car for CarPlay.
Veepeak OBDCheck BLE Bluetooth... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B073XKQQQW?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share
Sponsored

Reactions: TRP