Reaction score
Website
www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
MME (delivered 2/26/21), DIY eMiata BEV
Occupation
Solar Sales/install
Country flag
To clarify, I meant that instead of staying at 85-90% (on ford.com) after an assist from the external power supply, I would observe it settle back down to 40-65%, which may have been an indication of less than stellar battery health.
did 12v SOC drop, or increase when vehicle was ON ?

if you were checking 12v SOC via FordPass, that would have 'woken up' your vehicle, and predictably drained about 10% from the 12v while going back to sleep.

You best chance at retaining 12v charge is to turn OFF Bluetooth, and 'force-stop' FordPass to let your Pony sleep soundly.
Sponsored

Jerrytball

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Mach E GT
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I can tell you right now for a fact that plugging in the car and charging at home does charge the 12 V battery. This morning I took my 12 V battery because last night it was 83%, I woke up this morning. It was 75%. I charged my car for two hours and now itā€™s at 94%.

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
šŸ”‘ ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ šŸ‘€
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag

if you were checking 12v SOC via FordPass, that would have 'woken up' your vehicle, and predictably drained about 10% from the 12v while going back to sleep.

You best chance at retaining 12v charge is to turn OFF Bluetooth, and 'force-stop' FordPass to let your Pony sleep soundly.
I wasn't checking via FordPass. I understand this impact, so in fact I wasn't opening FordPass at all while trying to determine if my vehicle battery was failing.

I can tell you right now for a fact that plugging in the car and charging at home does charge the 12 V battery. This morning I took my 12 V battery because last night it was 83%, I woke up this morning. It was 75%. I charged my car for two hours and now itā€™s at 94%.
Yes, you're correct, but I don't think anyone ever said otherwise??

Jerrytball

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Mach E GT
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I wasn't checking via FordPass. I understand this impact, so in fact I wasn't opening FordPass at all while trying to determine if my vehicle battery was failing.

Yes, you're correct, but I don't think anyone ever said otherwise??
Thereā€™s been talk going back-and-forth about it and I just decided since I was looking at it last night and this morning I just wanted to validate it but thereā€™s some weā€™re saying it didnā€™t some said they thought the car had to be running but I think mostly everybody knew charging the big battery. Does the small battery,

phil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LS400
Country flag
No doubt you are right, but this sounds suspiciously like work.

Jerrytball

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Mach E GT
Occupation
Retired
Country flag

Yeah, Iā€™m gonna start doing that when Iā€™m sitting in the house especially now that the phone is set up as a key. Like I said before I said about 25 feet from the car and the lights just keeps going on and off all night soon as I move my phone. Thatā€™s probably why my battery was at 75%

OP
OP
dtbaker61

dtbaker61

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
Occupation
Solar Sales/install
Country flag
so, how were you checking the 12v SOC ?

OP
OP
dtbaker61

dtbaker61

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
Occupation
Solar Sales/install
Country flag
Yeah, Iā€™m gonna start doing that when Iā€™m sitting in the house especially now that the phone is set up as a key. Like I said before I said about 25 feet from the car and the lights just keeps going on and off all night soon as I move my phone. Thatā€™s probably why my battery was at 75%
Yes, if you use PAAK, and park your car within 100' of where you walk around all day, the easiest and quickest way to let your MME sleep is to turn BT off on your phone. The when you head out, turn it back on as you head for the garage....

OP
OP
dtbaker61

dtbaker61

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
Occupation
Solar Sales/install
Country flag
Thereā€™s been talk going back-and-forth about it and I just decided since I was looking at it last night and this morning I just wanted to validate it but thereā€™s some weā€™re saying it didnā€™t some said they thought the car had to be running but I think mostly everybody knew charging the big battery. Does the small battery,
yes, 12v charges while HV is charging....

However, to get the 12v fully charged up to 100% to desulfate and recover/retain capacity can take 24-48 hours.

so.... unless you are charging your HV on L1 from empty to full, the typical charge session does not last long enough to desulfate the 12v and get it up to 100%. This is why it is a great idea to 'periodically' use a 12v charger, power supply, or simply leave the MME 'on' overnight to get the 12v to 100%.

OP
OP
dtbaker61

dtbaker61

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
Occupation
Solar Sales/install
Country flag

Jerrytball

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Mach E GT
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
yes, 12v charges while HV is charging....

However, to get the 12v fully charged up to 100% to desulfate and recover/retain capacity can take 24-48 hours.

so.... unless you are charging your HV on L1 from empty to full, the typical charge session does not last long enough to desulfate the 12v and get it up to 100%. This is why it is a great idea to 'periodically' use a 12v charger, power supply, or simply leave the MME 'on' overnight to get the 12v to 100%.
Trying to find the thread of the best for lack of a better Word, trickle charger. I know itā€™s not a trickle charger, but itā€™s a specific one that works best with this type of battery.

OP
OP
dtbaker61

dtbaker61

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
Occupation
Solar Sales/install
Country flag
No doubt you are right, but this sounds suspiciously like work.
turning BT off/on your phone is too much for you ?

Jerrytball

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Mach E GT
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Like when John Candy was the security guard at Wally world they made him ride on the roller coasterā€woo Iā€™m exhaustedā€šŸ˜

phil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LS400
Country flag
And closing and reopening an app? On both of my phones? Every day, perhaps more than once?

Yes, that is too much.
Sponsored