How long will it be for orders placed recently?

fayt349

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW i4 eDrive 40 M-Sport
Occupation
Network Support Engineer
Country flag
Hey guys,

I just ordered an ER AWD premium on 2/27/21. There are some of the same car except first edition near me right now, but I don't want to pay the premium for the first edition. Anyone know how long it will take for orders placed recently? I'm in no rush, but I'm scared the $7,500 tax credit and ford options rebate won't be available by the time they get it shipped and stuff. Thanks!
Sponsored

sockmeister

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E4x
Occupation
SW Engineer
Country flag
Hey guys,

I just ordered an ER AWD premium on 2/27/21. There are some of the same car except first edition near me right now, but I don't want to pay the premium for the first edition. Anyone know how long it will take for orders placed recently? I'm in no rush, but I'm scared the $7,500 tax credit and ford options rebate won't be available by the time they get it shipped and stuff. Thanks!
If you made the 2021 Model Year cutoff, you're probably looking at late summer. If you're in the 2022 model year, probably this fall.
Don't worry. You will definitely be eligible for the full $7500 tax credit.

mixduptransistor

First Name
joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Rapid Red Mach E Premium Extended Range RWD
Occupation
Systems Engineer
Country flag
Did you consider looking for one on a dealer's lot? I went into my local dealer to test drive and it turned out they had one on the way for their stock and was able to snag it. There are also a few throughout my state sitting on lots. Might be able to find what you want already out there

OH2AZ2OH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E 4X
Country flag
Ford has been assigning build weeks that are 2-6 months out from the order date. There is no obvious logic to how build orders are being prioritized. Actual delivery is around 8 weeks later.

Ford has plenty of tax credits available, so no worries yet there.

Dmhccs

First Name
Dani
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Volvo XC90 recharge, 2021 Mach e GTPE
Occupation
Business owner
Country flag
My lease is up in July. I ordered in February and my dealer said July delivery shouldn’t be a problem. I’m trying to determine delivery based on the order/build dates on the forum. There doesn’t seem to be much in the way of consistency.

OP
OP
fayt349

fayt349

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW i4 eDrive 40 M-Sport
Occupation
Network Support Engineer
Country flag
My lease is up in July. I ordered in February and my dealer said July delivery shouldn’t be a problem. I’m trying to determine delivery based on the order/build dates on the forum. There doesn’t seem to be much in the way of consistency.
I ended up picking up an ER RWD from a dealer

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
Do you have a build date assigned yet? If not, it won’t be built until June or July at the earliest since build weeks are already booked through May. It’s averaging about 8 weeks from the time it’s built to the time it’s delivered, so July seems unlikely.

Dmhccs

First Name
Dani
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Volvo XC90 recharge, 2021 Mach e GTPE
Occupation
Business owner
Country flag
Do you have a build date assigned yet? If not, it won’t be built until June or July at the earliest since build weeks are already booked through May. It’s averaging about 8 weeks from the time it’s built to the time it’s delivered, so July seems unlikely.
I don’t have a build date. I’ve been checking on the Ford web site each day. No changes. i Contacted my dealer yesterday and he said I should be getting a build date over the next several weeks...but I know from this forum who knows! I was excited to see someone on here ordered in March and already received a May build date! I would absolutely hate to have to move to a plan B car Because of timing!

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
I don’t have a build date. I’ve been checking on the Ford web site each day. No changes. i Contacted my dealer yesterday and he said I should be getting a build date over the next several weeks...but I know from this forum who knows! I was excited to see someone on here ordered in March and already received a May build date! I would absolutely hate to have to move to a plan B car Because of timing!
Anything‘s possible, but I think it will probably be wise to have a plan B handy.
Sponsored