Newly placed 2021 Select Orders

yngwenli

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME Premium RWD SR
Country flag
I placed an order for a Select on 9/13. Yesterday I got a call from my dealer that Ford is not scheduling any more 2021 builds. They said that I would get a call from Ford about changing my order to a 2022 but they had no information at all about what differences there are between 2021 and 2022 or how this would affect wait times and when my MME would be scheduled to be built... All in all a useless phone call. I also couldn't get through to anyone in Ford customer service yesterday to try to get an answer.

I think the "...changing my order to a 2022..." is helpful. This will allow existing order holders to know if they should just re-order 2022s or just wait to update. This will also depend on who has a higher priority (new 2022 orders or existing 2021s).

I haven't heard anything about my order and if the order banks open tomorrow, I will probably just reorder again. That seems unwise on Ford to not announce something to eliminate a lot of work for everyone involved to better track production/inventory/demand/etc.

I was looking at other EVs coming in 2022 and there seems to be quite a bit, but my guess is near all of them will be delayed due to how things work in life and everything.

Some notables for me that I didn't hear much about if others were interested around the price range (not really, but close enough for me) are:
Fisker Ocean
Audi Q4 etron
Mercedes EQA or EQB
Toyota BZ4x
Nissan Ariya
Byton Mbyte
BMW i4
Sponsored

kennethjk

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Prem. EB 4WD, X3, IX50
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I placed an order for a Select on 9/13. Yesterday I got a call from my dealer that Ford is not scheduling any more 2021 builds. They said that I would get a call from Ford about changing my order to a 2022 but they had no information at all about what differences there are between 2021 and 2022 or how this would affect wait times and when my MME would be scheduled to be built... All in all a useless phone call. I also couldn't get through to anyone in Ford customer service yesterday to try to get an answer.
I can’t believe Ford is going to call anyone or everyone. My dealer said they would call me about changing to 22 if my 21 order needs to change and would then have priority. We shall see.

19Mustang66

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Yes
Country flag
Oregon dealer
2021 premium AWD, extended range
Ordered 5-29-21
A few weeks ago got “scheduled for production “ update as week of Oct 18.

so, I’m hopeful to have her by Dec 1?

Kistra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bolt EV-> buyback and Mach E Select
Country flag
I can’t believe Ford is going to call anyone or everyone. My dealer said they would call me about changing to 22 if my 21 order needs to change and would then have priority. We shall see.
You were right. When Ford didn't call me, I called them and they were not particularly nice about telling me they couldn't do anything. Then, apparently the only guy at my dealership that can edit the orders was on vacation last week?‍♀

But the people at Ford did reassure me that the current 21 orders will keep their place in line. So I don't think you want to place a new 22 order just in case anyone else hasn't gotten their order converted yet like me.

kennethjk

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Prem. EB 4WD, X3, IX50
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
You were right. When Ford didn't call me, I called them and they were not particularly nice about telling me they couldn't do anything. Then, apparently the only guy at my dealership that can edit the orders was on vacation last week?‍♀

But the people at Ford did reassure me that the current 21 orders will keep their place in line. So I don't think you want to place a new 22 order just in case anyone else hasn't gotten their order converted yet like me.
The question I have is- who is making the change, Ford or the dealer? Several people said they got letters from Ford of the change but was that change started by the dealer.

my dealer as of last Friday says he still hasn’t heard of anything. My order is 9/10/21 . I can’t imaging it will be a 21.

Kistra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bolt EV-> buyback and Mach E Select
Country flag
The question I have is- who is making the change, Ford or the dealer? Several people said they got letters from Ford of the change but was that change started by the dealer.

my dealer as of last Friday says he still hasn’t heard of anything. My order is 9/10/21 . I can’t imaging it will be a 21.
My understanding is the dealer has to change the order. I just have to wait for one specific guy at my dealership to come back from vacation...

I haven't gotten any letters, I assume because the change hasn't been made yet by the guy on vacation.
Sponsored